siku control 6920

leylandboy

hello all i bought a siku control today it cost me £110 and brought it home and had a shot of it and the wheels wouldnt work so i took it apart to see what was wrong and some of the teeth in the gearbox have broke so now i have been told that since i took it apart siku wont fix it. will this be true  >:(

take it back and say its broke, sure the seller wil try it, but i doubt they could tell its been apart, ,if its all back together just check you have not taken any paint of the screws into the chassis that holds it all together,  if not your safe, if you have put a bit of black model paint on them to cover it

take it back and say its broke, sure the seller wil try it, but i doubt they could tell its been apart, ,if its all back together just check you have not taken any paint of the screws into the chassis that holds it all together,  if not your safe, if you have put a bit of black model paint on them to cover it

to me it looks like ive not been in it so ill send it away. And do they fix it for free ?

i would say siku would, but why wait, just take it back to the shop and complain, the quicker the better so it looks like you have not had time to mess with it, i would say they would have a hell of a job proving you have done anything to it, to be sealed it would need to be on the 2 chassis halfs, and usally a sticker , thats what most companys use, which to the best of my knowledge they do not fit to there siku rc stuff

i would say siku would, but why wait, just take it back to the shop and complain, the quicker the better so it looks like you have not had time to mess with it, i would say they would have a hell of a job proving you have done anything to it, to be sealed it would need to be on the 2 chassis halfs, and usally a sticker , thats what most companys use, which to the best of my knowledge they do not fit to there siku rc stuff

i think i will do that but theyll be closed for a while now

sure they will understand, after all its xmas, and you bought it xmas eve, how could you get it back, infact it was a xmas present from your nan,that you and your dad bought on her behalf for yourself ,  so you were quite upset

recon you will be ok

Ye will do  ;D

The shop where you bought it has an obligation to either refund you the cost or to replace it with another as it comes under 'the sale of goods act' which states that the item should be fully working and 'fit for purpose'. Take it back as soon as you can, tell them it's not working and that you want them to replace it with one that does and if they can't replace it ask for your money back. If they won't replace it or refund you then  be brave and threaten them with 'the sale of goods act', that normally does the trick. Remember, you have full rights.

• 2 weeks later...

good to hear you swapped it ok, so are you pleased with the replacement?

there not as good as they look, i think they should have some kind of diff in them because that efects the turning radius aswell

£110....mmmmm, you can get them for half that!.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good you got it replaced though, but Siku wouldn't know you had opened it up anyway ;) ;) ;) 

what you mean you can get them for half that  :of  did i pay to much ?