Manor farm [real farming]

Manor Farm

Those Jags must be very overated choppers then if they can't lift grass going up hill!!! ::) ::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

they can just the cart gets to heavy and bails out up hill. i'll get busy with the camera this season you boys dont know the meaning of hill  ;)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they can just the cart gets to heavy and bails out up hill. i'll get busy with the camera this season you boys dont know the meaning of hill  ;)

Well that would be a mixture of operator incompetance and having the wrong size trailers for the job in hand then ::) ::)

Chip anyone? ::);D

im steady. just you lot down south have it easy  ;D ;D

i'd love to introduce you to a few north devon & south wales farmers & contractors murray  ;D ;D

anyway i been on hills so steep i was nearly upsidown  :of::)

looks a nice tractor tim ,i don't know the name of your 6480 driver but i worked with his son Ray Frubiureureour? or something like that & ray said the MF wasnt as good as he thought it might be

well i think it a goodtractor overall, we had one last year as outr jd 6920 packed up on us at the harvest for a few weeks so the contractors lent us one. overall it did its job well as we had it lugging over 35-40 tonne on the bale trailer and with us being in a valley it had to climb some steep hills with that load and did it ok. i would not know how it performs with mowers as the contractoe we use brings down krone triples on a john deere 7930

i'd love to introduce you to a few north devon & south wales farmers & contractors murray  ;D ;D

looks a nice tractor tim ,i don't know the name of your 6480 driver but i worked with his son Ray Frubiureureour? or something like that & ray said the MF wasnt as good as he thought it might be

100% agreed marcus, jags are by far the most popular self propelled down here, and  fendts are getting a lot more popular for the contractors, and as you say we have hills, dam steep hills, and they cope with them just fine,  certainly cant be overated now can they

100% agreed marcus, jags are by far the most popular self propelled down here, and  fendts are getting a lot more popular for the contractors, and as you say we have hills, dam steep hills, and they cope with them just fine,  certainly cant be overated now can they

err...... i was comenting on how easy us southerners have it  & slight hillocks we occasionaly encounter sean, ;D ;D  couldnt possibly comment on the foragers , there's no fun in any of it nowadays, no sooner have you greased the trailers up these big machines are done by lunchtime , all in too much of a hurry for my liking

the 6480 drive is dave :P  and  you no  ray :-\

err...... i was comenting on how easy us southerners have it  & slight hillocks we occasionaly encounter sean, ;D ;D  couldnt possibly comment on the foragers , there's no fun in any of it nowadays, no sooner have you greased the trailers up these big machines are done by lunchtime , all in too much of a hurry for my liking

yeah we do have it easy i must say, these hills aint like they used to be are they ;D ;D ;D  especially the one they cut and bale or trail forager  pick up with a fleet of countys only as its roughly 35 degrees?? ish , even that doesnt look as steep as them hills up north ::) ::)::)

im from north wales, and some feilds ive worked on, you need 6 sets of underpants by the time you get to finish doing your job .. and in those days we didnt have fancy 4 wheel drives it was 2wd 674,698,6610,784s etc when your chopping with a 76102wd class 62 and salop silage  8 tonne trailers and the whole lot overtakes you , now thats scary, but you still got to come down that bank again  ;)

im from north wales, and some feilds ive worked on, you need 6 sets of underpants by the time you get to finish doing your job .. and in those days we didnt have fancy 4 wheel drives it was 2wd 674,698,6610,784s etc when your chopping with a 76102wd class 62 and salop silage  8 tonne trailers and the whole lot overtakes you , now thats scary, but you still got to come down that bank again  ;)

aahhhh i remember days like those , thats when we used to drive tractors not just steer them  :D

agree with you there sean,around our area its all claas foragers,the odd jd and new holland,fendts are really taking off down here,the contractor i drive for has 4 fendts,with only 2 other makes in his fleet,and yes hills are not exclusive to scotland murray lad

Just peeing in the wind here

now easy murray, what you need to remember is a comment like

" the most overated tractor out there"

will provoke resposnses from people , especially if you dont have the proof to back it up mate, same applies to the foragers and anything elses really bud, people on here have a huge wealth of experiance, not just 5 years in the job stuff mate,belive me if you came down this this way or the lake district , yorkshire , and loads of other places we have hills to make you wince, and people farm them, like you way they have to make use of the land , just chill and learn mate, thats what i do been out of direct farming for 10 years now and still learning about modern stuff, so would never claim to know it all  ;) ;) ;) 

got these things called the Pennines that start in Scotland and go all the way down the middle of the country, (nearish to me in Liverpool too! saw no end of farming when I went on the trans Pennine express Liverpool-Leeds) and finish in the peak district in the good old Midlands

now easy murray, what you need to remember is a comment like

" the most overated tractor out there"

will provoke resposnses from people , especially if you dont have the proof to back it up mate, same applies to the foragers and anything elses really bud, people on here have a huge wealth of experiance, not just 5 years in the job stuff mate,belive me if you came down this this way or the lake district , yorkshire , and loads of other places we have hills to make you wince, and people farm them, like you way they have to make use of the land , just chill and learn mate, thats what i do been out of direct farming for 10 years now and still learning about modern stuff, so would never claim to know it all  ;) ;) ;) 

talking to the boss and he said he has enough accsidents on hills during silage time and getting maize in he has enough for one every week of the year :of and he said he would rather farm down in the lake district then be a contractor on the scottish mountains :-\