Hello from a new forum member!

AlexMF

Hi, a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010 to you all!

I'm goon, or Alex. I am 19 and from Leicestershire, but study Philosophy up in Liverpool during term times. For my 3rd birthday ('93, Britains centenary?!) I got a lot of Britains farm toys, some of which eBay informs me is now worth a fair bit of money, even without the boxes which my toddler self threw away!

Anyway onto the reason I'm here, when I'm older (and hopefully richer) I want a vintage tractor, and the correct implements to make hay (for a laugh)....

Watch this topic for various eBay buys that are on their way to me, to live the dream (in 1/32nd) I can't wait!

Looking forward to taking part in competitions, and getting to know you all better....

Blimey I've rattled on a bit haven't I!

Alex

Welcome Alex, friendly first post to include your first name so I hope you don't mind me calling you by it straight away. Those boyhood dreams never escape do they?  :laugh: So many an hour was spent farming mums carpets as a lad I would guess, just like me?!

You have found the right place to discuss the hobby anyway so enjoy your browsing and get stuck it!!  :) :) :)

Thanks a lot guys  :), closest I've come to owning a proper tractor is driving a JD 6630 Premium, and a 15tonne trailer of top soil.... garden landscaping eh?

nah first name terms are fine with me, I don't know about this forum's etiquette however....

Yeah I used to love farming the carpet, unfortunately the only green carpet in the house was in the kitchen, I was not a popular boy!

as for getting stuck in, my bank balance is a testament to that... I hope the models I have ordered won't be considered too "toyish"

I'll keep you posted....

Alex

Thanks a lot guys  :) , closest I've come to owning a proper tractor is driving a JD 6630 Premium, and a 15tonne trailer of top soil.... garden landscaping eh?

nah first name terms are fine with me, I don't know about this forum's etiquette however....

Yeah I used to love farming the carpet, unfortunately the only green carpet in the house was in the kitchen, I was not a popular boy!

as for getting stuck in, my bank balance is a testament to that... I hope the models I have ordered won't be considered too "toyish"

I'll keep you posted....

Alex

Ya welcome from America Im called pops but not sure why...like to see your older Britains.........

"Equipuette"  how did you know my middle name ::) ::)  errr well sometimes cept when I lose my temper :-\ :-\  which happens ohhhh once in awhile :P  err well too often :-[  But hey what is us yanks for anyway :of

Enjoy the forum........

Hi Alex welcome to the mad house you will find that this forum has a wide range of philosophers on it such as Lord Ferguson and a few others :) .Also there are some other kinds of experts as well that are good for a wind up ;) .

I am in the same boat as you on the Child hood stuff but being very near to 36 the stuff I broke as a kid is now  really expensive to replace as it is even rarer than some of the 90's things :(

The other thing you will find as you get addicted to this forum is that there is newer stuff that you will add to the must have list.

By the time you have finished philosophy I think the job would need to pay about 100 pounds an hour ;D and I also know about the real tractors I have 12 real ones as well as 500+  models so it gets real expensive then . Good luck on here and I hope you have a Happy  New Year.

Regards Robert

I'll keep you posted....

Alex

Welcome to the Forum, Alex.  Who cares if they are "Toyish".  I collect old Britains, Timpo, Hill etc which were most definitely toys when they were made. 

Well Mr Goon... what a great introduction.. I was typing as reply last night when my wife called me in for tea (as I'd worn a hole in my jeans in the sandpit)...

Anyway... welcome aboard... it's great to have you here - we always welcome new posting members with open arms (except Rick... we'd rather he kept his arms down... unsightly hair growth and all that... it's a USA thing evidently  ::) ).

As for Toyish... as Auntie Sue said... who cares... in actual fact.... I think we all recognize that we collect 'toys' by the very definition that our collections can only 'work' carpet acres.  What I am trying to say is... you've stood up and done the "My name is Alex and I collect Toys" bit in front of the group - it's all uphill from here on in buddy - except for the bank account of course  :-[

I've waffled on enough - welcome aboard once again and please share some pictures of your growing collection with us nosey sods all as soon as the mood takes you  ;D

thanks a lot guys :)

I'll put some pictures up when my various eBay purchases arrive, promise! from the forum nickname "Lord Ferguson" I think you will approve of my choice of tractor.....

Alex

Hmmm,  Alex...

I'm a GAL  ;D

As for Lord Ferguson...  ...just call him Marky.  (Others use a less polite name for him but I wouldn't dream of using it.  >:D )

and I've managed to offend someone within a day of arriving  :( sorry Sue, thanks for the welcome :)

No offence taken - everyone makes the same mistake of thinking it is all Big Boys and their Toys!  Us gals are just as keen on carpet farming - AND driving real tractors!

:D :D  - I can see this will be the start of a beautiful friendship..  :D :D

Oh Yes, Marky love,  :-*:-* , but only if I get to drive his vintage tractor when he buys one!  8)

I'm sure we can all be friends... ;D when will the next competition be? And dare I ask, what?! (like the silage one etc)

I've seen some pictures of your collection Marky very impressive, and I read the Marky and Fanny's big day out one, hillarious.....

Alex

A bit of caution there young man Lordy Ferguson is like the kid down the block who rides the special education bus but we all pretend he is normal.........don't let him get close to anything Red and Grey.......could be a disaster......

A bit of caution there young man Lordy Ferguson is like the kid down the block who rides the special education bus but we all pretend he is normal.........don't let him get close to anything Red and Grey.......could be a disaster......

Rick, that is being unkind to Marky who did let me drive Frankie but then went and sold her  :of .  This is not the place for "Marky Bashing".  If you do not behave you might find Aunty Jo sending you to the naughty step 8)

Oh yeah... get in *Marky casually licks his finger and strokes his eyebrow* ... don't pick on me Pops.. you'll only come worse off  ;D

Alex... you blooming trouble maker... you see what you've started... anymore of this and we'll have to change your log in name from Goon to "Alex, light the blue touch paper and run... er... goon"  ;D:D :D

Auntie Sue... I've got an afternoon of fun planned for you this next time... tractor trailer reversing... digging in the sand with dug... and the usual forklift challenge... not forgetting Hattie of course... you are going to Loooooove the dynashift gearbox  :-*:-* :-*:-*

Oh... and thanks for the compliments Alex... I really must update my collection topic... not a lot of new stuff... but a bit since I last did a few shots of my collection - the only problem with a single brand collection is waiting for new releases to arrive... it can be a little slow at times  :-[ :'(

"Rides the special education bus" you do make me laugh Plops  :D :D :D

I don't really understand the can of worms I just opened, so I'll smile and nod...  :of

BUT! Speaking of updating collections, the postwoman just brought me 3 boxes! containing....

The UH M35X, I have a driver ordered, and a PMA32 ball hitch, (ah the advantages of a GCSE in French!) so it can tow a baler (im bidding on a Britains Bamfords BL58 on eBay at the moment, don't y'all go outbidding me.... :P:-[

IMG_0010.jpg

I'm going to try and fit a Britains rear linkage set too, (is this possible?) so it can use a Britains Drum mower (GIB), shame about the lack of skirts >:(!

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Oh and this lely snipe rotary tedder, also GIB.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Let me know what you think....

Alex

Cracking combination I say... I had that mower... and the Bomford baler too... some of my best carpet acres were hay time with those two... my weapon of choice was the 595 or possibly the 135... and.. the Ford 6600 (but I'll NEVER admit to that)

Right... just off to eBay to bag a baler  ;D:D :D :D

Rick, that is being unkind to Marky who did let me drive Frankie but then went and sold her  :of .  This is not the place for "Marky Bashing".  If you do not behave you might find Aunty Jo sending you to the naughty step 8)

sheesh Marky bashing meeeeeeeeeeee ???

What wrong with a special education bus I rode one for years,  "OK all deafies in the back of the bus"....."Hey you "Fartwell" stop mooning  :blank:  the blind students or you be walking to school" :-\ ??? ??? ???

I'm not the best to answer that question Alex... but some of the lads on here are so skillfull they could pin diarrhoea on a wall  :of  - so anything is possible - I am sure one of our conversion experts will pop in an put you right...

as for next... linkbox for that little 35x... and then the UH135.. or better still for the small farm... Britains 135  :)