massey 135 flexi cab

thanks guys comments are encouraging, was unsure on the frame work but to be honest now its painted it looks better. The frame work to the left leans slightly so needs a bit trimed of the back bar. Hoping to second coat the frame work and square up the left side possibly get the mirror's coated and front screen in place but then it will be time to get drunk ;D ;D ;D

post-1653-132639225158_thumb.jpg

post-1653-132639225161_thumb.jpg

like the others pete wait until you get it clad are you going to have a go at the doors

not sure graham would like too,  :D

Need small loader now to finish it off with either a concrete block or barrel on the linkage

looks well pete , but would you mind if i stuck my oar in a little ?

the roof line frame doesn't go back far enough , the curve is too accentuated & the rear pillars (yellow) are too far down the mudguard to get the right angle, also there was no pillar (green) from the middle of the roof frame to the front of the mud guard .

having said that the others will say i'm too picky , & my conversions have a near 'enough is good enough' build quality  ;D

get it covered & it'll look great mate  :) :)

post-211-132639225222_thumb.jpg

ah well tim , this is where i get really picky & preach what i cant practice myself , the apparent pillars for the doors to latch to arn't part of the safety frame , but adittional 3/4in  bar & pipe that made up the flexi cab canvas support frame  :)

ah well tim , this is where i get really picky & preach what i cant practice myself , the apparent pillars for the doors to latch to arn't part of the safety frame , but adittional 3/4in  bar & pipe that made up the flexi cab canvas support frame  :)

spot on mate heres some pictures

post-1891-132639225359_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639225373_thumb.jpg

try looking for my topic on a 1/16th i did a while back pete, that was built from brouchure pictures and various others i found .must say dont go pulling yours apart till you cover it, i did the same with the 16th, and found that was the only way to check it looked right or not, not just from the frame work , one thing i did find was, the bit mentioned where the door latches are is as mentioned a  pole so to speak but also there was a second one between that and the rear arms that helps give the shape,it doesnt go all the way done to the arches mind, just on the top of the framework its on my pictures if you find them

try looking for my topic on a 1/16th i did a while back pete, that was built from brouchure pictures and various others i found .must say dont go pulling yours apart till you cover it, i did the same with the 16th, and found that was the only way to check it looked right or not, not just from the frame work , one thing i did find was, the bit mentioned where the door latches are is as mentioned a  pole so to speak but also there was a second one between that and the rear arms that helps give the shape,it doesnt go all the way done to the arches mind, just on the top of the framework its on my pictures if you find them

thats right sean,i used cocktail sticks for the poles

thanks guys, now the shakes have gone i'm set to finish and alter what needs doing,

pete these have gone to your email

thanks paul got pictures this morning

Found a few more pictures in some cab improvement leaflets I have.. hope these help a litle more...

thanks, should be able to do a decent job with all the images i've got now

what's interesting is that this model (with the Sirocco cab) was only made for about 4 years  :of  ... 72 to the 500 series replaced them in 1976...

Although the 595 came out in 1974 to repalce the 1080... imagine how 'space age looking' the 595 would have looked alongside a 188 for example  :of