Which Tractor/tractors came with this driver?

punk

He is a Britain's one. I have a similar one different colour and an amputed leg below the knee. Didn't come out with my 5000 circa 1979 in slider box so I suspect it was sold as a seperate item later. No doubt someone on here will know for sure.

7801022b.jpg

Introduced in 1961 as H2055, deleted end of 1969. So for use with all new majors(E1A) and pre force and force 5000's. Available in grey and dark blue, never seen a brown one Nigel! Prove me wrong. Grey ones seem to be the less common. Latter blue versions and all the grey ones, that I own, have ENGLAND engraved on the inner thigh of the left leg.

The chap in BC's picture looks like he had to drive a selectospeed tractor. He probably lost his leg in a PTO accident like a number of farmworkers.

Well I really can't remember why he lost his leg but I do recall my ambition in life as a young boy was to be a surgeon. I remember having Plasticine bodies on a billofix table as a kid and cutting them up. As I progressed in year's at school sciences other than physics were not for me so I ended up as a bean counter enjoyable job but probably doesn't pay as well as a surgeon. What the hell you have got to be happy in your work and well I am in mine ;D ;D

Introduced in 1961 as H2055, deleted end of 1969. So for use with all new majors(E1A) and pre force and force 5000's. Available in grey and dark blue, never seen a brown one Nigel! Prove me wrong. Grey ones seem to be the less common. Latter blue versions and all the grey ones, that I own, have ENGLAND engraved on the inner thigh of the left leg.

and how the hell did you find that out  :of:D :D :D

As for you Nigel... can you tell us 'decimal children' what a shilling was please ???  ;D

Well I really can't remember why he lost his leg but I do recall myambition in life as a young boy was to be a surgeon. I remember havingPlasticine bodies on a billofix table as a kid and cutting them up. AsI progressed in year's at school sciences other than physics were notfor me so I ended up as a bean counter enjoyable job but probablydoesn't pay as well as a surgeon. What the hell you have got to behappy in your work and well I am in mine [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif

The British population probably had a lucky escape but I'm concerned for the beans!

On a serious note being happy in your work is very important.

I'm not telling you dismal children anything,...... you can't keep a secret!  ...  ;)

Nigel, don't be mean  to the children.  They need to ask questions about real money.

Marky, 1 shilling was 1/20 of a pound when a pound was worth a lot more than today.  Therefore 1 shilling = 10p and would have bought a large loaf and you would have had some change too.  Bearing in mind that in those days my total pocket money was 2s 6d (you can work out that conversion yourself) spending a whole shilling on a tractor driver took a lot of thinking about.

Nigel, don't be mean  to the children.  They need to ask questions about real money.

Marky, 1 shilling was 1/20 of a pound when a pound was worth a lot more than today.  Therefore 1 shilling = 10p ...

I'm a decimal old man from the continent, so I never used pounds, shillings, miles and stones. But are you sure about the fact that 1 pound was 200 p?

mmmmm.....1 shilling was only 5p (12d) surely as I distinctly remember 6d (2 "thrupenny" bits, 1 being the price of the early 60's BRITAINS catalogues) being 2 & a 1/2p  and 240 denariae (?) to the £ definitely... :D

and just for good measure to confuse the youngun's a florin was 2 shillings (10p) and a crown 5 shillings.

I'll stop there as I'm sure it's all too much for you to take in at one go.... ;):)

I knew someone would pick that up.

Yes 1 shilling = 5p and on decimal day prices rose by 240% at midday when a lot of traders changed the "d" to "p"(bread was one in particular as I bought a loaf on my way into the office to start converting all the accounts to decimal.  I paid 10d but at lunchtime a large loaf was 10p

(OK give me a Numpty I don't mind being the first of the year especially as I managed to stay Numpty-Free in 2009)

and how the hell did you find that out  :of:D :D :D

As for you Nigel... can you tell us 'decimal children' what a shilling was please ???;D

That would be telling  ;)

I'm not telling you dismal children anything,...... you can't keep a secret!    ;)

As for you Paul,.........now I've gotta try and find it!  (the brown one!)    :)

I'll hold you to that Nigel  :police:

mmmmm.....1 shilling was only 5p (12d) surely as I distinctly remember 6d (2 "thrupenny" bits, 1 being the price of the early 60's BRITAINS catalogues) being 2 & a 1/2p  and 240 denariae (?) to the £ definitely... :D

and just for good measure to confuse the youngun's a florin was 2 shillings (10p) and a crown 5 shillings.

I'll stop there as I'm sure it's all too much for you to take in at one go.... ;):)

Me thinks a new topic needs opening. Does anyone collect "coins and notes""

I'm off to raid my piggy bank ;) ;)

yep... stop there Nigel... you are already getting on my thrupenny bits  ;);D

I knew someone would pick that up.

Yes 1 shilling = 5p and on decimal day prices rose by 240% at midday when a lot of traders changed the "d" to "p"(bread was one in particular as I bought a loaf on my way into the office to start converting all the accounts to decimal.  I paid 10d but at lunchtime a large loaf was 10p

(OK give me a Numpty I don't mind being the first of the year especially as I managed to stay Numpty-Free in 2009)

Aunty Sue deserves the first Numpty of the year because she has admitted her small and brief incompetent moment in a truly heroic manner. And .... she's nice. And ....it would be recognition for the women on the forum - we are Numpyworth too! :police:

Aunty Sue deserves the first Numpty of the year because she has admitted her small and brief incompetent moment in a truly heroic manner. And .... she's nice. And ....it would be recognition for the women on the forum - we are Numpyworth too! :police:

Thanks Jo.  I love you too (I think! :-\ :-\ ) 

I was in my box of childhood Britain's today and low and behold I see the driver is shown on the base of the Ford 5000 box as number 2055. Why as a child did I tick in purple felt pen the ones I had ???

09012010005.jpg