VINTAGE TRACTORS

BRITAINSMAD

Was down visiting a friend of mine over the weekend and thought I would share some of his collection.  He has some amazing examples of Vintage tractors.  Many of what he has are the only example in the world.  Unfortunetly I dont know much about many of them but perhaps  some of you on here will be able to identify them!

Very early Ferguson (prototype)

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01560-1.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC06437.jpg

DSC06438.jpg

Now Dwayne I'm not an expert on Fergies but the 1st three photographs in post one is certainly not a prototype Fergie. It's what is affectionately know a the "Grey gold" or the "yellow bellow" or I think the FE35. There were petrol versions and also diesel version's which were notorious for being bad starters. This model preceded the 3 and also 4 cylinder ( I think ) MF 35 which had grey engines and wheel rims and red wings and bonnet. One of the experts on MF's on here is Lord Ferguson.

Now then the 4th picture looks like an early Fordson which I haven't came accross in real life before but that could be a prototype.

Its called the Bull.  It was one wheel drive.  Large driven wheel at the back right hand side, smaller on the left to balance it with a smaller single wheel at the front for steering.  He just recently got this one from America before Christmas and plans to restore it over the next few months.  I'll try and find out more information about it and when I do ill let you know!

DSC06413.jpg

Now again this one is bothering me since it is badged a Farmall Super A and well totally different seating arrangement from my 1941 International Farmall A. Your friends one has lights and also a different seating arrangement which to me looks more like it wasn't made in the USA but in Europe. Certainly Farmall Cub's were made in CIMA in France but I was not aware the earlier Farmall A was made there.

Here is my 1941 International Farmall A in comparison to your friend's Farmall A Super Dwayne

09082009005.jpg

Bill, this may be of help to clear up any confusion...

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Bull_Tractor_Company

He likes to collect tractors that would have been used in Ireland so not all of what he has would be imported from America.  It could be very possible that the FARMALL that you refer to was in fact built in Europe.  As for year etc, Im afraid Im not sure.  He explained so much to me on the day im afriad i have forgotten most of it!

Its called the Bull.  It was one wheel drive.  Large driven wheel at the back right hand side, smaller on the left to balance it with a smaller single wheel at the front for steering.  He just recently got this one from America before Christmas and plans to restore it over the next few months.  I'll try and find out more information about it and when I do ill let you know!

The Bull never heard of that before Dwayne..... seem to recall there was a character called "bull" in some of the John Wayne cowboy films though ;D ;D

Bill, this may be of help to clear up any confusion...

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Bull_Tractor_Company

He likes to collect tractors that would have been used in Ireland so not all of what he has would be imported from America.  It could be very possible that the FARMALL that you refer to was in fact built in Europe.  As for year etc, Im afraid Im not sure.  He explained so much to me on the day im afriad i have forgotten most of it!

Thanks for the link I will take a look later.

Now getting back to my favourite brand Farmall's Dwayne which I have three in my small collection is there any chance you could e-mail me a high resolution photograph of that Farmall Super A since I would be able to pin point the differences between your friends and mine. You should be able to see my e-mail address in my profile but if not it's

bill.e.cruickshank@btinternet.com

Bill, here is the only picture I have.  Hopefully you can identify better with this one.  I took the pictures on my phone so they may not be the best quality.  If I get to see him again sometime I'll try and get a better picture for you.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab341/dwaynerbear/DSC06413.jpg

In the background of this pic is another one he has...

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab341/dwaynerbear/DSC06432.jpg

Dwayne

Just to digress slightly for a moment, the Bull Tractor works started in about 1914 but didn't last that long, the works were destroyed in a fire and the company all but disappeared however, the engines were made by a linked company that still exists today.....Toro, (Spanish for bull of course)...who are now one of the world leaders in groundscare and golfing equipment.  http://www.toro.com/intl/uk_en/index.html

Sorry about that, please feel free to get back on topic now  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[