britains powerfarm

nick henton

Question

hi all

i don't know if anybody out there can help, i have a ford TW35 from the powerfarm that Britain's made and cant seem to get the power part working. All the connections are clean under the bonnet and the battery is a brand new Duracell is there something else that i don't know about?

any help/advice gladly received

regards nick

15 answers to this question

turn the tractor upside down and you will see on the underside, a small gap in the diecast.  Through this gap you will see a small gear, which is powered from the motor.  When the motor has been turned on, reach through this hole with a knife and gently turn the gear.  This will help the motor get started. 

When Britains tractors have been left for a while, the motor grease tends to solidify slightly and makes the motor stick.  If there is no problem with the motor, this should work.

I have posted about this before, spray WD40 into the motor housing through said hole in casting and any other crack or hole you can see around the motor housing put in battery, put the lever in the drive position, turn tractor on, now its just a case of turning the back wheels to free the motor once running squirt in more WD40 and leave it running for a while with the drive disengaged, this way has never failed me, its a bit like bump starting a car. ;D ;D

thanks guys

its worked now my ford is working fine the forward motion is a little jerky.

has anybody got an old cab they don't want for a TW35 i thought it was in drive but it wasn't it rolled off my knee and smashed the cab to bits >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

not a happy bunny >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( if anybody can help let me know cheers guys

regards nick

i got the pliers gave it a turn then sprayed a load of WD40 into the workings its a little jerky but i think that might be because of its age. now i just have to free the mashio gears get that working properly then it can  go on the back of it i will be working them fields

Sean

does Brian norman or Dave towse have a contact number or website address?

regards nick