Man TGA & Bulker Scania & Drag

You bugger. The Scania looks sweet enough but that MAN bulker outfir is exactly the same as one I am building right now!!!!!!! Oh bugger again, MJB1 I just let my secret out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** BANGS HEAD AGAINST WALL TO REGAIN COMPOSURE**

Hey great photo's, you got some lovely looking wagons there 4C, very good work

(paying compliments was very hard for me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(    )

;):D

Yer hi

Thanks for that. I bulit the bulker about a year ago, just got round to finishing it off. It does tip using a britains truck type tipping gear. Also complete with easy sheet as you can just see in the picture.

Yer hi

Thanks for that. I bulit the bulker about a year ago, just got round to finishing it off. It does tip using a britains truck type tipping gear. Also complete with easy sheet as you can just see in the picture.

I'm just doing a rootcrop trailer for someone on here with an easy sheet system on, what did you use for the sheet 4C ??

Farmer "The Doc"  Palmer & Newholland2

The easy sheet is made from cotton sheeting dyed to desired colour tidied up edges etc. Centre pole made using wire glued to the sheet and attatched to side of bulker. The body it's self is made from 3mm sheet of softwood. Did think of making a more traditional ribbed one but thought a smooth sided one would be more up to date.

Farmer "The Doc"? Palmer & Newholland2

The easy sheet is made from cotton sheeting dyed to desired colour tidied up edges etc. Centre pole made using wire glued to the sheet and attatched to side of bulker. The body it's self is made from 3mm sheet of softwood. Did think of making a more traditional ribbed one but thought a smooth sided one would be more up to date.

Nothing wrong with the smooth sides, the trailers on the better end of the market are like that these days anyway.  ;)

I like these New ray lorries You can make so many different bodies out of there tranliners

i have got flat bed , a low loader, a ridid scannia with hiab crane and plant lorry and more

yours look great especailly the bulk loader ,does it tip.

Kentman could I see a pic of your avatar wagon chap? That one looks nice.

4C any chance of seeing the bulker from other angles and tipping? I am making my body as an STAS body too, using another New Ray body converted though.

Only got one picture tipping, will take some of some other angles etc AsI have already put I do not us the Newray bodies I make my own.  I do however use the wheels and axles from the trailors to stretch units to make tri axles.

post-174-13263850203_thumb.jpg

Farmer "The Doc"? Palmer & Newholland2

Thanks 4C. A really nice convo. As you say the flat sided Bulkers are more up-to-date. Although I'm not sure, perhaps Fruehauf are still producing ribbed models...... ???;) ;)

Nice one 4C, the bulker you've made is almost exactly how I want my finished piece to look. Was trying to avoid using wood, have started with plastic but it's a hell of a size body and chassis to make using plastic and glue, alot of joints make it too weak so I am thinking up other ways at the moment. Can't really do a moulded one with my resources!!

Hi Deer-est

I only used wood as opposed to plastic as I had a bit at my disposal and if I did something that I didn't like it didn't realy matter I could just get another one out. However you are right alot of joints, time to leave in clamps. But I do think if you have the time to do abit and leave it to set you will get the desired effect. You'll have to post a pic when its done!

4C

Yeah you really can't rush can ya?!! Doing a little bit in the morning, a little bit at night while I am on my days off. I have been taking photo's as I go, at each stage. Then when it is done I will open a topic with photo's from start to finish. Watch this space!!

• 1 year later...

Morning Men,

Cowboy, All made from wood.

Finn & Starbrush, thankyou for your kind words. 

Its amazing how posts seem to re-light with new members coming on board letting older members see some posts that they haven't seen either for a while or before.

Anyway heres a little project that I have been doing, more for bulk than weight I think as I rekon that it could soon be overloaded.

post-174-132638579861_thumb.jpg