My Britains only collection.

Marmitemania

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Marky for the compliment. 1 I think my favourite has to be the silver cabbed MF 2680 because its the first model I had hence no box :'(  2 I think the rarest may be the Farmhouse and farmyard set possibly, Im sure someone with a keen eye would spot something rarer in that lot? 3 No its not a this is another reason I was keen to get it all photographed. 4 Cant really remember but as said Im sure the MF was the first if not one of the first models so IU would put it around 1983, when I would have been 7 or 8 years old. 5 Yes I only collect Britains but will collect any age, and I am now starting to look at the older 60's/70's stuff.  As for the blue MF I had too have for the little farmer range, unusal isn't it? Thanks for your interest mark Im glad you liked the pictures.

My word James... some lovely items in that lot mate... many thanks for sharing... I don't think I've ever seen a boxed blue combine before... you've made my day !

Out of interest James... a few questions if I may....

1. Which is your favourite model and why ?

2. What is the rareset one you have ?

3. Is it all insured ?

4. When did you start collecting ?

5. Do you have a specific criteria for your collecting habbit (ie. before or after a certain age perhaps) ?

Many thanks in advance

Its all about restraining yourself JDC I find the full Hanibal lecture face mask straight jacket and sackbarrow outfit always works. ;D ;D :of

Very tidy collection. I'm always envious of people who can keep the models pristine in boxes like that - I used to always (and still do) rip then open to get at the goodies inside.  ;D

I have one or two of the very latest case tractors missing Matty, I have fell a little behind on all the latest realeses as I tend to purchase the older stuff as it crops up on E bay or at Spalding, the latest tractors can wait as they are much easier to come by, IE pop to the local Toy shop.

Never seen the flat bed lorry in Ford colours either, a nice one that is. You have a terrific amount of quality in your collection by the boxes and the condition of the unboxed models. What a wonderful, wonderful topic of a great name we all hope will return.

Thanks Tris,The stickers on the lorry look very proffesional, I dont think they are factory though also the wheels are silver, its a nice lorry in mint condition as is the plain white one. If I had it here at home I would take a better picture, its up on the farm where dad lives though.

Never seen the flat bed lorry in Ford colours either, a nice one that is. You have a terrific amount of quality in your collection by the boxes and the condition of the unboxed models. What a wonderful, wonderful topic of a great name we all hope will return.

I think you will find it does have an insert, but it is plain. 

The forage harvester was unusual in that it retained the straw box right up to the late 80s - I don't think it changed until the model changed colour to green (does any one know of a green one in a straw box or an orange one in a rainbow box?)  At that time the rest of the implements had gone into the Rainbow Banded boxes, which usually had a plain insert,  thus the forage harvester had a plain insert too. 

Why it was still in a straw box when they were phased out for the rest of the implements around 1980, I have no idea.  All I can think is that they had a lot of straw boxes in stock and they simply used them up.  I don't think this model was a fast seller, which may explain why it took so long?

Found these pics on my computer although these are not mine it shows the 2 different forage harvesters in the banded box. I have 2 versions both in straw boxes that have a different picture on the box.

post-28-132639246418_thumb.jpg

post-28-132639246424_thumb.jpg