i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

I say stick with what you know, the grass is always greener on the other side, till you get there ;D ;D . Although a 6465 is a bit bigger than the 4270 isnt it?

:-\  i'm almost convinced now i'm changing colours is there really alot of diffference at the end of the day think Marky will now forgive me but he get used to it  :laugh:;)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D - I'll still love you whatever colour of machine you own Stephen.  I'm actually very interested to see what you do buy... and why...

Can I ask this (tell me to sod off if you like).. what's the deciding factors you will use to make your final decision... and can you score each thing out of 10 perhaps...

for example..

Brand Loyalty.. 6

Dealer Backup.. 8

Warranty.. 9

if it's not too much trouble  :-[:-*

:D :D - I'll still love you whatever colour of machine you own Stephen.  I'm actually very interested to see what you do buy... and why...

Can I ask this (tell me to sod off if you like).. what's the deciding factors you will use to make your final decision... and can you score each thing out of 10 perhaps...

for example..

Brand Loyalty.. 6

Dealer Backup.. 8

Warranty.. 9

if it's not too much trouble  :-[:-*

Brand Loyalty.. 0

Dealer Backup.. 9

Warranty.. 8

anything else Stephen I may have missed (and thanks by the way)...

perhaps...

6 cylinder engine

tyre size

cab comfort

front axle suspension

hydraulic capacity, lift

Hydraulic capacity, oil flow rate

anything else mate ???

my dad was always a firm believer of a six cylinder tractor so i know he's keeping an eye on me so i'll follow on this time i,m hoping to get a front hitch ,cab suspension, fairly wide tyres and as much cab comfort as i can get ,basic need a tractor for slurry ,feeder wagon ,fertiliser sowing and what ever else has to be done maybe a little ploughing in the future no silage this year contractor can do that .......

what will you need the front links for Stephen.. do you have plans for more implements also then mate ??? ... or do you have front mounted kit now then ???

only a difference of £1000 not crucial but as i am a one man ship they may come in handy post driver on the rear linkbox on the front to carry posts ......... and indeed i'll think on other uses

just a word of warning go for front suspension and leave cab suspension and when your using the front link just lock it down we have both on ours and the cab suspension ruins it have driven tractors with just front suspension (case cs) and theyre much nicer easier for driving and one with just cab suspension ( nh tm125)because the cab suspension throws you off when your driving plus it nearly turned me over on the pit the way it swings kind of wildly would prefer if it was a bit more solid but that was in the mxu not the tm plus the front susp makes fert spreading alot more relaxing on some of roughest ground id say get the 50k and get the dealer to knock off the 17th gear and that brings you back to 40 that way if you want you can just wire it back in if you want its handy for road work even if its just the odd time you use it plus i often get up to 50k on the paths around the farm hauling slurry but theyre nice and straight front linkage is a good buy i think just get 2 spools plumbed in from the back aswell get 4 spools aswell you use them all sometime especially if the first few fail like ours  ::)  i think thats all the advise i have apart from nice wide tyres makes alot of difference spreading slurry and i think the extending hitch is standard because it came on ours but get it plumbed into a spool makes putting things on alot easier  ;) 

have you looked at Claas yet stephen? just delivered to a farm in wales that has put an order in for 3 new tractors & a scorpion materials handler , reckons good deals can be had , & the tractors are just about what he wants in terms of size, power, reliability & of course price. also the valtra seem to be getting everywhere , everyone i've talked to who has them hasn't a bad word to say about them 

I was told yesterday that Deere are 'giving away' a 'free' sprayer on certain models in their current range (most likely in an attempt to win back the ground they are loosing to the 6400 and 7400 MF's  ;D  )

That came from the man MOT'ing a sprayer at my mates farm... so pretty reliable I'd hope  :-\  .. worth digging Stephen  :-\

I was told yesterday that Deere are 'giving away' a 'free' sprayer on certain models in their current range (most likely in an attempt to win back the ground they are loosing to the 6400 and 7400 MF's  ;D  )

That came from the man MOT'ing a sprayer at my mates farm... so pretty reliable I'd hope  :-\  .. worth digging Stephen  :-\

If you needed a sprayer or considering the mf's again??? ;) ;) ;)

JD is the best out there just now id say there very hard to beat or fault while working away with one, its mostly Fendt JD or New Holland you see working the land here hardly a MF or them chariot Claas tractors in sight

Nearly choked on my dinner there - clearly you haven't been in any dealers lately Murray!

no clealry not, that or the guys round there are mid term in buys so not looking right now, even my uncle whos worked for jd since he left school so 30 years now, says the new ones aint a patch on the 10 series and older, they have no end of problem tractors back, down this way theres now a lot more mf's and class arround than jd, never used to be, even valtras are taking of big time, 1 guy runs 15 odd of them now

how come all the jd's round here are still going since the farmers have bought them? treat them well then they wont be lying in the bloody dealers, jd dealers are lying in the tea hut reading the paper because no work, maybe because the jds up  here all looked after?

no clealry not, that or the guys round there are mid term in buys so not looking right now, even my uncle whos worked for jd since he left school so 30 years now, says the new ones aint a patch on the 10 series and older, they have no end of problem tractors back, down this way theres now a lot more mf's and class arround than jd, never used to be, even valtras are taking of big time, 1 guy runs 15 odd of them now

Spot on Sean - same over here.