i've gone and sold my Massey and bought a New Holland

farmermarshall

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you boys are starting to confuse me now would i need to start a poll on what tractor i should buy  :-\ ;)

stick with your 6030 buddy, nothing wrong with them they work away everyone is the same on here there biased as am i ha ha! i like new hollands because i was brought up around them and now jd as the contractor runs them and we have one at work and had no problems with them

you boys are starting to confuse me now would i need to start a poll on what tractor i should buy  :-\ ;)

Stephen at the end of the day you will be the one driving it so our opinion doesn't matter.

For our "new" secondhand tractor I think I have had twenty different tractors mentioned!!

Others forget the other important factors of warranty, dealer and service.

It's easy, go for the one you can get the best deal on and your happy with ;)

Agreed, go for the best deal and the best dealer backup, no matter what the fans of each marque would have you believe there isn't that much difference between them these days  :-\ :-\

how come all the jd's round here are still going since the farmers have bought them? treat them well then they wont be lying in the bloody dealers, jd dealers are lying in the tea hut reading the paper because no work, maybe because the jds up  here all looked after?

They certainly aren't about here, they're inundated with work, both the branches of our dealer have workshops full of 20 and 30 series tractor in various states of repair including our 6420s which is suspected to be suffering from a internal gearbox fault at 3500hrs! My 6920s has cost just short of £9000 in the past 10 months and thats not through any operator error either, all our tractors are meticulously maintained and looked after. At one time I'd say that John Deere had a good reputation, trouble is they've been living off past performance and the cracks are now starting to appear. When two large estates who have been green for as long as anyone can remember change brands it says something.

All tractors have their problems, theres good and bad ones in every production run so JD aren't alone there but they no longer can claim the reliability record that they once had. If it was my money I'd be looking at Claas, MF or NH, all now have a good reputation and product in my own opinion. The days where people can refer to Claas as a green Renault are gone, they are a vast improvement on the orange tractors and have the best cab suspension set up of any conventional tractor on the market, I've driven a lot of them now but still haven't found one that rides as well.

i have been to a Case dealer and also been to New Holland avoiding Massey at the minute  :laugh:  pretty busy calving too and buying in calved heifers .......... oh just for the record ha ha!..... as most of you know i wear spectacles i went to an eye clinic to see about laser surgery on saturday past got a quote, good job i was sitting £4,700 not a chance of me doing that so i think i put it too my new purchase .........

my comments aint mf biased either murray, they are my uncles views, a fully trained 30 year plus jd mechanic, not a office bod or owt, they have never been so busy with the 20's and 30's with faults, not many others mind like the 7's and 8's, most of the locals up that way have either kept older kit or swapped brand to, like gav i know of one farm thats was always green as long as i can remember , first places i saw a sg cabbed jd, and now they only have a jd combine, the tractors are nh , mf and 2 claas now

your a man full of ideas Stephen  ;D

i get what you mean Sean but as i have been brought up around new holland i am new holland biased :-[  but the boys up here i dont think can fault them  :-\

Gav did you had an axion 850 did you not? sure she was a big waste of metal?  :laugh:  contractor thought the only thing good about her was the auto steer!

i have been to a Case dealer and also been to New Holland avoiding Massey at the minute  :laugh:  pretty busy calving too and buying in calved heifers .......... oh just for the record "laugh out loud" :) ..... as most of you know i wear spectacles i went to an eye clinic to see about laser surgery on saturday past got a quote, good job i was sitting £4,700 not a chance of me doing that so i think i put it too my new purchase .........

can be done cheaper in Dublin Stephen - try Beacon Clinic. Lady in work got it done.

Gav did you had an axion 850 did you not? sure she was a big waste of metal?  :laugh:  contractor thought the only thing good about her was the auto steer!

No I had an 820 C-Matic on demo and was very impressed with it, it pulled like a train, used next to no diesel, less than the JD in fact doing the same job even though it was 30hp more, had a nice light, comfortable cab and great suspension. Well balanced tractor with a lot of features on it, when the time comes to change the Deere we'll certainly be seriously considering one. Definately won't be having another John Deere tractor after the current two 20 series and with the trouble local chaps are having with 30 series models

at the minute guys this is how i think it looks

Massey Ferguson

John Deere

Claas

Case

Valtra

New Holland

McCormick

Zetor

Landini

Deutz

Lamborghini

or sell the cows and buy nothing except models ......................

Can you put the model numbers also Stephen? Can lump Deutz and Lambo together really? McCormick are not having a good run so wouldn't be top of my list to be honest. Valtra T series is a bit big for you as N is only 4cylinder and you said you wanted a 6......

i would say got Deutz theyre a brilliant machine and the only fault people say they find is the design of the door handle :laugh:;) thats not all we have been running deutz over 20yrs all was grand until the agrotron came along the powershift gear box gave serious trouble some of them blowing with less than 1000hrs on them but there back up is brilliant cant fault them there they can give some electrical trouble aswell we only run six of them know we use to have 14 of them the rest of the fleet is fendt and jd which will be got rid of this year the best deutz was the agrostar and agroprima range unbreakable we retired a 681 this year a great machine

t series are big yes, but pretty nimble to, most fields down here are smallish ,narrow access lanes and gates ,prob like stephens? yet the contractor gets them in no worrys, quite surprising really given the size of them

Not so handy around the yard though Sean. And also the smallest T is a 122 and is way to big for its power.

Not so handy around the yard though Sean. And also the smallest T is a 122 and is way to big for its power.

115-120 hp is enough for me now will be on the feeder wagon for now until i get another tractor sorted, i have sold my MF 240 just a case 1394 to shift now but that will be another topic  :laugh::-[

No I had an 820 C-Matic on demo and was very impressed with it, it pulled like a train, used next to no diesel, less than the JD in fact doing the same job even though it was 30hp more, had a nice light, comfortable cab and great suspension. Well balanced tractor with a lot of features on it, when the time comes to change the Deere we'll certainly be seriously considering one. Definately won't be having another John Deere tractor after the current two 20 series and with the trouble local chaps are having with 30 series models

i agree gav i drove a 820 cebis great tractor great traction in it as for 30seris a bad tractor we had a 8530 that gave serious brake trouble it has since be sold we have only two jd 7930 left but they will go this year to hard on disel