Would this work?

BRITAINSMAD

Ive had this set up on my shelf now for a few weeks but someone just told me that this tractor wouldnt be able for this seeder.  Are they correct?  I would have thought 310HP would have been more than enough even though it is a bit of a beast on behind?

IMG_2214.jpg

Or should I employ the services of this guy!?

IMG_2163.jpg

From my experience with seedhawk and seedmaster which seem to be a very similar idea in Canada the Case IH front wheel assist would pull it in real soft ground like dry peat. I would say that in hard ground you would need the JD fully ballasted as a friend of ours has a seedmaster and pulls it with an equal wheeled duelled up tyres case IH 4wd. If he drops the shanks right in it stands and spins as even that is not heavey enough.  ;D

My ex boss has a seedhawk and pulls it with a fully ballasted and duelled up tyres 9400 JD it is a little under powerd on hills in ground like concrete ( no sleeping deere there ;) ) But it moves it :) . It probably weighs over 16 tons at a guess. The problem with these seeders is that they are designed like a 4 wheel drag trailer and dont put much  weight on the tractor drawbar to boost traction so the tractor has to be heavy to compensate for this. 

Not a hope in hell I wouldn't have thought with the Case, 6m yes, 8m no way on all but the firmest of seedbeds with none of the cultivation equipement on the front in the ground. Vaderstad rate our 300S for 90-150hp, there's no way that 90hp would handle that drill with anything in the hopper. Its all our two 120/5hp tractors want to handle (JD 6420s & 6810) with 500kg on board, the 6910 copes better with it but with a full hopper (1000kg) its even possible to make my 6920s pull hard but for the most part its the master of it and will pull it at the speeds its designed for. I don't know where Vaderstad get their minimum figures from but with any form of cultivation equipment working in the ground the drills do take some pulling :-\