Name Those Beasts!

James T

the Shorthorn colour here is usually referred-to as Red Roan ( also available in "Blue" Roan upholstery...grey & white).... ;)

The Britains were Red & White Friesians (a recognised breed) where their red edges were definite and Herald also did Red Roan cattle and calves where the red is mottled/blended-in like the beef shorthorn here.

Meusse-Rhine-Issel cattle are similar looking to the Beef Shorthorn but probably bigger-framed.

The Red bull (gives you wings...Oh!OK, I'll get my coat..) could be a malnourished Sussex....but perhaps coat colour too light? But then the Red Poll & Lincoln Red are usually darker than this, though the winter coat here is perhaps not representative.

There are no "brown" cattle in UK (unless of the Brown Swiss breed) only red, just like there are no white horses, only "greys".

There's also a breed that come out of of our Universities here with English Lit. degrees and they're "Well-read"........ ;) and I believe there's one who's a Roan..........Atkinson..... OK, I'll go and do some work!  ::)

Hell if I know but I will take my steak m. rare please.....

actually the top looks what we call Red Angus and the second looks like a mix of Red and the french raised beef..hmmm forgot the name now....