British countryside layout

richie

There is a model show here in Western Australia on the 23 May, After been to last years I thought I would put a bit of my input into it this year, There was not one bit of a  sniff of agriculture in the show, Cars, Trucks and military, So I thought I would try and educate them a bit. So I have built a scene of an British countryside in the middle of harvest time and a quarry just to keep them interested, We have a large Caterpillar factory here in Perth and the most mine sites in Australia. Everything in the quarry apart from the range rover is built from a kit. The layout is 1;87 scale on two boards 400x300 each, If there's room Iam going to take some of my 1;32 UH models. Will be interesting to see if there is any interest.

post-59-132639258414_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639258422_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments everyone, One or two questions to answer, The road Leakeyvale is only water based lightish gray undercoat then I keep mixing a bit of black paint till I get the right colour, Theres one a two layers on mind its just trail and error, The grain fields Sandy are done by getting the good old door mat for the standing grain, Then a coat of light tan paint where the stubble is going to be then you get some wheat stubble scatter, The stuff I use is made by Hornby code R8034 just sprggle it down, The rows of straw are just the standing grain cut with a good pair of sissors,Thats the hard bit it takes a while to get enough to do a large field. Hope that helps Any more questions I'll try to answer, Thanks again ;)   

• 2 weeks later...

I thought to myself might as well go the full hog and add another board on and have a silage

theme might as well do the whole lot eh. Still have'nt finished it, fences, header for forager. Tried a new way for the cut fields, Is it too white?????? Iam not sure,the wife says its ok, she will say anything,ha. What do you professionals think, Thanks

post-59-1326392655_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639265789_thumb.jpg

That layout Richie is among the very out there. No doubt about it. You show this scale so very well. I'm a bit lost for words other than that. The cut grass looks spot on too, I wouldn't change that :)8)