Milliput

fred

I have had the Milliput that I'm presently using for probably five years, may be more. Using it on Sunday the putty would not harden so I was wondering if it was time to start the fresh packet, then I thought I might try my paint drying oven so I did.

30 minutes later on a low heat it was rock hard, still life it the old packet yet.

By the way after five years plus I have only used 40% of it.

Maybe some people are happy to use something they have always used and others do not know what other options are out there?

What is the usable life of a one part type filler, Ricky? ie Once open do you need to use it quickly etc? Could you start a topic in Hints and Tips explaining what, why and how you use what you use?  :-\ :)

revel model filler or humbrol i think both are much the same

Plain simple

Dries reasonably fast, easy worked comes in small tubes and put the lid on tube it'll keep till you need it again,

for very fine filling i use vallejo plastic putty, a bit runnier than revel so does hairline cracks . .

Milliput is slightly different to that stuff Ricky.... I have a tube of something like that, loaded with toluene, makes me high as a kite then kills my brain, it's like sniffing poppers.... as you say, good for fine filling cracks.... I used Milliput for making the fuel tank & weight block on Colin's 106 amongst other things... nicely pliable to roughly shape, then cuts and files easily... filled it smooth with the 1 part stuff.....

revel model filler or humbrol i think both are much the same

Plain simple

Dries reasonably fast, easy worked comes in small tubes and put the lid on tube it'll keep till you need it again,

for very fine filling i use vallejo plastic putty, a bit runnier than revel so does hairline cracks . .

Much appreciated, Ricky. Thanks for the info on that.  :)