Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show - Penrith - Sunday 21st Nov 2010

BC

Thanks to Damian for confirming the date of Harold's 2010 show at the Rheged Centre Penrith as being Sunday 21st November 2010.

http://www.rheged.com/

I have booked rooms at the M6 Travel Lodge at Southwaite 7 miles north of the centre for the night of 21st and 22nd November. only £ 19 a night there versus £ 29 at the one near the centre. I prefer the M6 one since well it has a Marks and Spencers shop.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that clash with Zwolle again this year ??? does anyone know ??? .. i sincerely hope not.. or Damien is going to have to give Harold a 'right hander' and get him to change it  >:(:D :D :D

I think Harold said he has to book a year in advance and maybe that is the only date he can get Mark :-\ :-\

I suppose I could ask Graham at G&M since well him and Michelle do Zwolle

hmm i will be there as it's about 25 mins up the motorway.

might have to get a layout russled up for this show?

Yes you should do that Mark....this is turning into a right good show.

After two years of saying I'm going to go and having not made it due to weather and other commitments, I'm going to make a serious attempt this year!

Well worth a trip down James in my opinion.

I think Harold said he has to book a year in advance and maybe that is the only date he can get Mark :-\ :-\

I suppose I could ask Graham at G&M since well him and Michelle do Zwolle

I had and email back from Layla confirming it is the same weekend and G&M will be bound for Zwolle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well yes Brian...and cheaper that way too. I can never seem to get a right "pint" in England no real beer like McEwan's export or a "black n tan" 1/2 Export and 1/2 sweetheart stout ;) ;)

Well yes Brian...and cheaper that way too. I can never seem to get a right "pint" in England no real beer like McEwan's export or a "black n tan" 1/2 Export and 1/2 sweetheart stout ;) ;)

now theres a blast from the past, black n tan uve got me in the mood im off to the off licence

There has been a lot of talk about this show over the past weekend  ;)

And slight twisting of my arm  ;) 6-7 hour drive  :-\

Can anyone let me know the attendance figures last year and who normally trades here ?

There has been a lot of talk about this show over the past weekend  ;)

And slight twisting of my arm  ;) 6-7 hour drive  :-\

Can anyone let me know the attendance figures last year and who normally trades here ?

Barry it is organised by Harold Poulton so he would be the best to speak to. I have his mobile number and if you want I can PM it to you.

Last year was the first year I attended and it was buzzing although I think numbers were down due to the terrible flooding along the way at Cockermouth.

Attendees

I can remember seeing

Colin Wilkinson

Anne and Brian Holmes

Brian Norman ( I think ) selling Britains and conv parts

Agrium ( crayon drawings ) Ian

North East Agri Models (Andy Ingram)

The air brush man ( forget name)

There were other traders but that is all I can remember by name. Lots of nice displays too.

Bill

I will be honest Barry and say that I was slightly disappointed last year at the lack of trade stands there wasn't a great deal of choice, with that in mind you might do quite well as you have a better range than most. G & M don't go as it clashes with Zwolle so you would be welcome if you do decide to come up.

If you are staying over then there are loads of B & B's in Penrith itself and the visitor centre is only 5 minutes out of the town and just off the M6.

All of the usual suspects are there diorama wise, The Lancashire lads, County999, JCB Bloke and quite a few others. It's actually a great family venue as there are lots of other things to do in the visitor centre with shops and restaurants so the non tractor fans have something else to do.

I have to agree with Mike the biggest let down with the show was the lack of traders like G&M models selling the new stuff. Having said that i thought it was a ice size of show and not too too big and wells as Mike says the center caters for the women and the kids too. I'll will certainly be attending again this year.

I was wondering if we should think of promoting Model Farmer magazine or is this show too late on in the year being in November and the first hard copy out on 10th August....just me and random thoughts again :-\ :-\

• 3 months later...

I had a PM from Andy Ingram aka Big A today and he was asking about this show.

I'm all booked for it at Southwaite  for the Saturday and Sunday night and I think Mike aka robbo on here is organising a FTF Stall which I think he twisted my arm to help with.

And oh I will probably take two dozen Aberdeen butteries to let the English folk have a taste of Scotland. I mean 24 of them for £ 2.45 from Costco won't break the bank ....I hope :-\ :-\

So who else is planning attending...I mean are 24 Aberdein rowies enough ??? ???