layout help.

harvey123

Question

8 answers to this question

thats a hell of a lot of space so you could do almost anything and you will have room for plenty of feilds so you could always have a mixed farm of arable and dairy which is a common one or go for something different and have a pig unit becouse you dont see many model farm builders with one of those.

all depends on what type of farm you want, look through the layout section on here,i get lots of ideas from there,dont be fooled by the size i have 10 feet by nearly 10 feet and its still not enough for me,i hardly have any fields, yard kept growing,so my advice, plan beforehand

all depends on what type of farm you want, look through the layout section on here,i get lots of ideas from there,dont be fooled by the size i have 10 feet by nearly 10 feet and its still not enough for me,i hardly have any fields, yard kept growing,so my advice, plan beforehand

thanks for that paulali.

i'm thinking that a small holding and a biggish size arable/beef farm and a contractors yard .but to be honest i want to start off small and build up.

Don't worry about it too much, Harvey - whatever you start out with part of the fun is constantly, adding, changing and improving - Holly Farm went from farm produce with diverse parkland; then a farm shop; then I dug up a field and put in a fishing lake; and most recently turned our best field into an agricultural show (I think the farmhouse moved position at least four times ;D ) - just go for it :)

My diorama started simply as a means to display my models and as I collect old Britains and other makes with a few modern models of OLD tractors and implements I decided on the theme of a Heritage Park, living history and created a story to go with it.  This helped because it gave me a focus,

So first decide what models you wish to use, then think up a storyline (it helps to keep you on track) and then start creating.  But do start a small section first, and then build on that.  You will be surprised how quickly it grows!

As Mandy's Holly Farm has evolved so has Leakey Vale Heritage Park;  and that is currently undergoing a complete revamp.  It was approx 22 square feet (in 11 modules) but is getting crowded so 3 small modules are being replaced by 3 twice the size (but still small enough for me to handle by myself) which will add another 6 square feet.  I am so glad it stacks!

seems you have the right idea in starting small, and see where it goes, thats all ash tree started out like, like mandy it will be going through a overhaul soon, with ditchs and stuff added instead of hedge rows, , then it will be going even more landscaped with luck with the fields going on hills with humps and bumps etc in them, loose the flat look to it

thanks for that paulali.

i'm thinking that a small holding and a biggish size arable/beef farm and a contractors yard .but to be honest i want to start off small and build up.

small holding & arable/beef sound great , but i'd leave out the contractors yard , you soon find model contractors yards fill up with an unreal ammount of machinery, so much so the display eventually becomes all yard & no fields to show the machinery off with

i'd keep to the farms & 'call in' the contractors ,that way you can keep your options open & change the kit they use as you please after all, different contractors, different kit !