Cheffins Vintage Auction - 24th April 2010

Andy

some nice pics there andy some intresting stuff dotted arround in that lot, inc that case with the front telehandler fitted, wasnt that in ct mag last year??? or a bit longer ago

and thanks for the red county info to ploughmaster, have heard of them but never knew what they were for so to speak

091.jpg

ATTENTION MARKY!!!

In the above photo is the Marshall I told you about a while back. I think it is a 132, very similar looking to the 240 I thought. Never seen any others and I am sad to see this one in the sale  :-[ Not that I could have bought it either way anyway.

I was surprised to see the County 40 leave at £56,000 .... .  it was estimated it may double that. I have to say though, the Benson is a lovely looking tractor and there are a lot of interesting machines there.

Thanks for the images Andy.  :) :)

Great pictures Andy, you must have been there early as i got fed up of people walking in shot when taking photos. Don't suppose you know how much the german spec 990 4wd made do you? Sounded like a bag of nails when it was running.

From memory the large steam engine didn't sell at £180,000 the steam truck sold at £154,000 and the doe didn't sell at £54,000.

Is this thing International based? I'm sure I have some pictures of one somewhere, looks an awkward thing to drive

Based on a B450 according to the catalogue.

Don't know about driving it, but it was an awkward thing to get into - through the back over the weight ::)

Thank you for those pictures, some very nice tractors there, makes me drool all over my keyboard  ;D

I see a big IH 5288 in the back of one of your pictures, love those  8)

And the Ford 5000 with the big rearwheels SWEET  :)

And the narrow front major  :-*

What about the single boom loader on the 845  :of what a site to see  :)

Erik.