John Deere 8345RT and others?

AndyB

Have two of these on the way.  I have seen the Waterloo edition, does anyone know if there are to be any other versions?  The last model had 8430T US and EU, 8230T and the 8330T Collectors, oh and the Gold one which I have a couple of........NOT! :'(

Cheers all.

Apart from the the Britains 42598 JD 8345RT (European Styling), the other ones I know of are:

Ertl 45196A Waterloo Works Employee Edition JD 8345 RT(North American styling) (there may possibly be some gold editions among these, don't know, but as this is cat no 45196A, I would expect there is also a 45196B  ;) ?)

Ertl Prestige 45197 JD 8295RT (North American styling) due out in the US anytime now.  The model will be pretty much the same as the Waterloo edition apart from the number (this was originally listed in the 2010 Ertl/JD catalogue as an 8320 RT, but the more recent Spring flyer shows it as 8295 RT  :-\ )

There will probably be other variants in the future, but nothing further has been announced yet.

For the 8430T Gold one you had to be one of the jammy sods at the front of the line at Agritechnica a few years ago.

Or pay a lot of money  :'(

I enquired as to the price of the gold 8345R at Spalding, two available at either £540 or £650 apiece and that's in a recession!

The sprayer was, I think, £1200 last year. Too much bread for me, I'd like them but not that much, unless I win the lottery  :laugh: 

I enquired as to the price of the gold 8345R at Spalding, two available at either £540 or £650 apiece and that's in a recession!

Those prices were just pure greed.  Nothing else to be said for it  >:(

There have been 32 of them sold on eBay since Agritechnica; the most expensive went for 551 Euros, soon after the show.  The next most expensive was 516 Euros and they gradually dropped after that to 350 to 400 Euros on average. 

I honestly don't think they look that good, so I haven't bothered going after any, and in any case, I refuse to squander my hard earned purely to line their pockets.  If others are daft enough to pay such silly prices, well, more fool them  :-

its a disgusting amount of money for what they are, i cant help but think when people are prepared to pay those prices it pushes the prices up for conventional run of the mill models, creates a false market if you understand me???????

I find the raffling idea with the sprayer vulgar ( just my opinion) creating an elite element to collectors.

there is that argument in the case for a raffle ploughmaster but i would say for every positive side to raffling there is a negative.

John Deere created a something special element to the sprayer which in all honesty there is nothing special/outstanding about that model.

I really  dont want to see other companies do the same.