silage is on

Tractorman810

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they do look very new, richard westerns new tail gate aswell.  The west trailer is something different!!

All their trailers were in JD colours at 1 time but dont know if they will paint the richard western ones up.

Those Richard Westerns look pretty new there, Taz. Where abouts is this gang working then?

Oh and Bob. . . . Any photo's? Be nice to see the CVX's :)8)

Contractors are handleys working on a farm out side chester , & the richard western trailers were new for the maize last year so i was told.

Thanks for the info, always nice to see what is going on and what the gear to have is in other areas of our country  :)

Totaly agree, always nice to see some farming picture's  :)  was going to post the info last night but didnt have time  ::)  Tractors are if anyone wondered a 7530 on the RW trailer & then a 6930 i think it was on the other RW & a 6630 on the west  :)  & a 68 or 6930 on the pit.  :)

well i started with the contractor this week and we didnt stop all week haha ive been on a john deere 7810 and 18ton dooley silage trailer and working along side a brand new 10 plate john deere 7950i pro drive forager and we were cutting around 10-13mph and chopping rows from a claas liner 3000  :)  well iv leant loads this week , i now now my limits on hills  ::)  and my drivin skills have improve a load  ;D  pics will be uploaded when i got time as at the moment its sleep-travel-work-travel-sleep  ::) 

I was cartin grass the other day

Was a long haul 1 load every 50mins, 8 trailers on the go (not enough)

all was goin well til i was turning right onto a road off a main road when a $£%^&$£%^ OF AN £%$^£$^$£"£ decided to pull out and pass me and smacked straight into the front right wheel of my 6930, knocking me from turning right COMPLETELY LEFT and sent me tractor and trailer (empty thankfully) through the hedge and over a 4ft drop,

his car . .write off,

tractor amazingly ok

driver and passenger shaken bruses nothing major as far as i know (elderly couple) reckon he had to be doing at least 50-60mph on impact to send 7t of tractor the opposite direction!!

Struth, Ricky!! It isn't often you hear of something like that happening without losing the front wheel or axle from a tractor or even a life in the car. You were all very lucky. Glad you are all ok mate. I bet you thought you had wings!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Shouldn't do though should it, your indicators did work I take it?!!

ha better still they were still on when i got out to see what the f$%k just happened AND i was in the middle of the road blocking it for 20 meters before turning also!!

but sometimes these things have no choice it can be up to the police or the pps and him driving on the right hand side of the road strictly speakin is not illegal, very grey area but yes goin by common sense hopefully it will turn out simple

last thing i need is court

Nasty one Ricky. Fortunately no one hurt.

Get your front axle inspected by your dealer for any possible cracks or internal damage. I had the same thing once - tractor appeared OK but epicyclic carrier was cracked - it came off the other party's insurance.

I get that a lot - people just don't believe indicators on a tractor.  :(