Custom build slurry tankers

Geoffrey

I decided to make a topic about building my custom build slurry tankers. I sold a couple of models for the LCN modelfari in Zwolle. I started building a part of them allready.

I started building the chassis of the Veenhuis 9.500L slurry tanker. ( see link http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,30386.0.html )

39337661.jpg

After a bit of glue

59696884.jpg

Making the brackets/fittings for the drawbar on the Proxxon sawtable ( the best investment of this year !! )

50551445.jpg

on the chassis

49701130.jpg

And with the drawbar on there.

80985173.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got quite some orders indeed Tris  ;)

There are 3 tankers who Will get an injector behind them, Those 2 are for myself, and one for Ronnie (eicher3108 on the forum). Its just to much work for the money is charge extra for an injector. i can't charge 125 euros extra over an tanker for a small injector. But when i count up my hours, material, paint an details, I'm well over the kind of money. So that's why i don't sell my tankers them with injector.

i got quite some orders indeed Tris  ;)

There are 3 tankers who Will get an injector behind them, Those 2 are for myself, and one for Ronnie (eicher3108 on the forum). Its just to much work for the money is charge extra for an injector. i can't charge 125 euros extra over an tanker for a small injector. But when i count up my hours, material, paint an details, I'm well over the kind of money. So that's why i don't sell my tankers them with injector.

that the wrong attitude buddy

Somone wants one and wants to pay, BUILD BUILD BUILD

keep up the good work

• 2 months later...

I got some work done. Build 15 chassis for the 14000L tankers, And got a lot of work done on the VVT 400-4's. the chassis, tanker ( 3 of the 5 still need sanding ) an front are allmost done. 5 of them will have the 16.000L tanker, on of them ( for my own collection ) wil heb be having a 21.000L tank on it.

12935222.jpg

43090031.jpg

And the chassis for the 14.000L tankers.

61887761.jpg

Wow, you have been a busy man Geoffrey!! I can see a lot of work going into your models and I am sure lots of people will be very happy to own one. A friend of mine works for a contractor and they have just imported a Veenhuis tanker/injector from a dealer in Belgium I think.

I got a lot of work don one the VVT 400's, the tanks and the fronts are all sprayed in filler and wet sanded with 1000 grid sanding paper. After that i start to assemble the parts into the whole machines. The front and tanks are numbered because the are painted in differtend colors. top half yellow, bottom half black.

60610979.jpg

81195030.jpg

I'm building a sixed one for my own collection. I allready got the one with the round tank, VVT build one of the 400-4's with a square tank. So I'm building that model as well for my own collection of VVT's  :) A LOT of work has gone in that tank to make it right with all the angels.

22256255.jpg

76918910.jpg

• 4 weeks later...