Custom build slurry tankers

Geoffrey

Thanks guys  ;D !!  should have pointed out that here both Ropa tires. I'm going with the big ones ! I can use those small tires on other project  so no problem there. I got the big ones in yesterday and modivied them to fit the steering axles of the VVT.

Got some more work on them done. I hope to spray them with primer this weekend.

@ Britainsfan:

I got one of those Proxxons. It makes building so much easier, can't imagine working without it any more !!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys  ;D !!  should have pointed out that here both Ropa tires. I'm going with the big ones ! I can use those small tires on other project  so no problem there. I got the big ones in yesterday and modivied them to fit the steering axles of the VVT.

Got some more work on them done. I hope to spray them with primer this weekend.

@ Britainsfan:

I got one of those Proxxons. It makes building so much easier, can't imagine working without it any more !!

They are outstanding,i have bought one to  :D :D

I'm not to sure about the tires. maybe you guys can help me out. The small ore the big Siku Ropa tires ?

The small ones:

band2t.jpg

Ore the big ones?

band1.jpg

looking at your pictures i would say the small ones look more in proportion to the rest of the build and gives it the look of wheel clearance for the wheels ,however the big ones make it look more beefy but its  bit to much for me ,just my opinion, ;) ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I did some work on the 9500L tankers, i build the tanks out of PVC and made the fenders in them.

70665593.jpg

53596054.jpg

Also sprayed and detailed the chassis of the VVT's, I'm waiting on one small part of the tankers, the air filters, when i get those the tankers can be sprayed to.

46799185.jpg

My 4 hand build VVT's the one with the square tank is allmost done. Needs some glass in the cab and the interior in the cab.

77200291.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Best get some money to pay for mine at spalding next week :)

The first one on the second photo is yours mate ! I'm getting the decals and lights tomorrow, and the glass for the cab. Only some small details to add be for it goes on the boat with Niels fryday night  ;)

Thanks mate ! Yes, i will be in Zwolle, together with my friend, Ronnie Post ( the Eicher and JD builder ) All my Veenhuis models will be on display there. Together with some other hand build models.

I look forward to seeing your models and meeting you at Zwolle, Geoffrey. It looks like you will have a big stand at Zwolle to sell all these models!  :of :of :of8)

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO pleased with mine I want a white one now :) You really can't see how good these models are from the photos, they look good in the photos, but the photos still don't do them justice.

Until I just took it out the box to play with :( shouldn't have pushed it along I'm now going to have to make repairs :(

post-318-132639474432_thumb.jpg

I have send you a PM Rob !

A row of 14.000L tankers I'm working on at he moment:

70943876.jpg

And a 30.000L 3 axle tanker a customer ordered. I build it on a Joskin Chassis from Ros with a 75mm PVC tanker. putting the last details on:

59357492.jpg

61323384.jpg

• 4 weeks later...