Gleaner Super 7 Commencing field trials

Deere-est

Had these mailed to me. The new Gleaner Super 7 combine heading to Texas/Oklahoma where it will be working along side to CASE AFX combines for evaluation. Black will not be the colour of the forthcoming release, it is only for the trials. Kind of turns up a stir though, I quite like it in black or Stealth as it is being knicknamed.

post-227-132639320856_thumb.jpg

post-227-1326393209_thumb.jpg

As per Alex.... I'd be happy to see it remain black too... she certainly looks the part as well... lets hope it performs as well as it looks... both 'over there' AND over here too... I'd like to see something give the Lexions a run for their money

I'd sooner see it kept in black too. Gleaner have had this very unconventional style for some years now and the black kind of suits it for the same reason. I'd love to see one over here too, Marky. If you look at the feed house on the front though, it's very narrow so I don't think it would handle the crops over here. I did put one against a CAT Lexion 570 in America and I have to say, the Gleaner was the proven winner there!

They were always Cummins engines, one of their downfalls by the opinion of the custom harvesters I worked for. As for the Axial flow, that's the inline threshing system like the Case, Lexion etc Gleaner do offer it in the A series but this black beauty is the original Gleaner, transverse  8) Whether other Agco stable mates take on the transverse threshing system is probably doubtful  :-\ :-\

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

;) Don't know about that Bas,six and a half miles an hour ( 10 km )with a 40 foot header ( 12m ) cant be bad,

Regards

Joe.

But how heavy is the crop? How many tonnes to the acre, not many i reckon, Our winter wheat here came in at 4t to the acre last year, doubt if it'd be goin that hard in that