leading straw/ baling

sparrow legs

Looks good Sparrow Legs...... :) :) :)

With regards to bale colour, depending on what you want you could have silage bales by wrapping a Black Bin Bag around them which saves painting......However if you wanted straw, I would say a brown/yellow mix......Someone else may (and I'm sure they will  ;)) have a better idea...... :) :)

very good sparrow legs, i would go for a straw finish personally,as thats where my farm does all its work,but like nh said you could bin bag them into wrapped bales

great idea the bin bags for mock wrapping , if you have access to real bale wrap then try that and to tighten the pastic onto the bale..................a ?gentle heat source ? makes the bales ?look more realistic !

as for colour..I say that`s a fantastic ?PDC MF baler you have there ? :D :D :D............straw hay ?silage mix up a few shades of paint see what suits you...........

John

thanks for ideas, has to be straw as its set around early sept and im not into silage gear, im a big cerel man, i didnt know about a light mat varnish to keep wood grain to give feeling of texture.

Have a look at my 40' trailers, see if thats the kind of colour you want.

4c ripped down some soft wood to the size of the britains krone bale then cut them up with a cross cut saw? to the same lenght as pattern then we both sanded the ends to soften the apperance on a bobin sander. took about 40/50 mins to make 80 bales, quite easy to do once first is made.

Well done guys, an array of amzing tips there. Maybe Sparrow should try everyone of them and let us know the easiest/best and we can all have a go. Save alot of work!! Brilliant tips, great site once again. Nice set up aswell Sparrow, that baler looks good. You can tell the Loadall is new coz there is a "Teething" van in the background!! ?;)

fendt power,

it depends the layout is only ever put up at shows so it depends what i place in the leantoo off the corn shed, yes bales sometimes but this time it was seed corn (dumpy bags) other times its tractors ect, depends what i take to the show.