mf implements

mfjack

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I disagree with the bit about better than tractors... but they did dominate the combine world for many years and LIKE THE TRACTORS made the best combines in the world... led the way for many years..

Being a Ford fan it is against the law to like Massey tractors but the machinery is ok, because you nearly always saw a Ford tractor pulling a Massey drill.

I always thought the Combines made by MF were consistent never a bad model in the range unlike the tractors??? Just my opinion and a Blue one at that hahaha!!!!

:D :D  .. well fair play I suppose... and I do agree... never a bad MF combine... untiul they bought Dronimburg sadly... that's when my interest in MF combines starts to wilt sadly  :'( :'(

I know I've bored you all to tears with it before... but I served my aprenticeship on MF combines... I'm a combine fitter by trade (technically)... 410, 415, 510, 515, 525, 625, 750/5, 760/5... 855 and 865's all of them marvellous machines in their day

back to the scraper... will you at least give me 5 points for this...  ;D

MF4and5ScraperAndDozerBlades_Page_1.jpg

bale or grain elevator? ???

looking now... but don't think so... not that I recall at the moment... although I have a nagging feeling that there maybe something in a world wide catalogue... not read one of those for a while... will need some time on that one... but for now... I stand defeated again  :'(

well half marks you cant really put a bale of hay up it??  on the haymaking theme did they ever at some point market the Acrobat (spider turner)???

So many Tractor manufacturers have tried to offer the complete package tractor, combine and machinery but none have come close to what Massey marketed it was true branding!!!

I heard somewhere that Ferguson made more money out of the equipment than the tractors???

well you did say bale or grain your honour  :-[ :'(

Ferguson sold their tractors at a VERY low margin I do believe... but as you rightly say... made on the implements.  To become a Ferguson dealer you HAD to have one of each implement in stock at all times ready for immediate sale/delivery ... and pay for it up front... so I believe...

Now... acrobat type rake...

MFParallelBarAndFingerwheelRakes-1.jpg

MF35363840_Page_1-1.jpg

MF29_39WheelRakesUSASpec_Page_1.jpg

Marky dear chap, thank you so much for posting the pictures of the acrobat style wheel rake. I got major grief from a mate for painting a Britains acrobat in MF colours, time for him to eat some humble pie i think.

At some stage, god knows when, I must use the wheels of a couple of the britains acrobats and make an MF 'V'  wheel rake. Some day in the distant future I will have to come back to you for some more pics and measurments.

The post knocker is a new one on me, another one to try some time.

Cuting a centeral reservation with an in line forager, my how the world has changed !!!!

Adie

now then i have seen a Massey Ferguson feed bin, matter of fact i loaded 10T of maize gluten into it !

it's on a farm up on the quantock hills , it was in the days when a mobile phone was carried round in a holdall & a cord connected it to a small car battery  ;D  so no pics i'm afraid so i suppose it's still standing .

i remember looking at it thinking a Massey Ferguson bin .................. really ?......well who'd have thought !

:of  Good work  :)

ummm....hedge trimmer

yes they did, although it wasn't tractor mounted , i cant seem to find it on the forum search , but it was an air powered hand held trimmer , badge engineered of course , but i seem to recall a forum member having a leaflet & a disscussion about it somewhere on one of the boards  :)