A few pictures from some of my farm visits... and even the odd ploughing match

Lord Ferguson

I've got a topic like this somewhere.. but I cannot find it for the life of me  :-[  .. anyway.... I've been waste baling today to one of my repeat customers (which was nice)... and look what a smashing farm he's got  :of:P

DSCN0348.jpg

Oh no.. not that... this I mean...

DSCN0350.jpg

DSCN0351.jpg

Oh... and this...  :of:P

DSCN0352.jpg

Not to mention this...  :of:P

DSCN0359.jpg

followed by this...  :of:P

DSCN0360.jpg

I nearly kissed him and told him the job was free I can tell you  :of:D :D :-*

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont see many of those massey loaders now do you?

That's very true Jordan... the last one I saw in the flesh was at MF's factory in Beauvais  :-\

nice photos m'lud! i'm sure you'll do some retail therapy of MF merchandise tomorrow to get over the day of those other coloured tractors....

Thats not a bad idea at all Alex...

Does 700 mean 7t, Mark? Exactly the same under the paint as the 10t AS Trailers at the farm I am on at the minute.

No they were all numbered the 700 range Tris  - totally alien to MF's usual numbering system.  It's very similar to my 10t Griffiths as well - but they are all one of the same I think.

I've visited a few more of my customers to do some baling this week... here's a few images for you...

DSCN0372.jpg

The JCB is a nice machine to drive once you get use to it.. but not the easiest thing to hook up to a trailer... you can't beat looking out of the window at the hook and ring...

DSCN0374.jpg

155hp ? Fendt.. not rated particularly highly by the owner either interestingly enough  :-\

DSCN0377.jpg

that JCB again...

DSCN0383.jpg

see told you it was a 716 or similar when you said it was hattie sized didnt i mate ;D ;D ;D , you didnt get a try in that then?

No mate.... I'd have loved one as well.. I'm sure he'd have let me if I asked too.. really nice chap too... although he's not a Massey Fan  >:(:D :D

Anyway... few more...

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

is that fiat the one on the left? with the barns, or the other in the field the other side almost opp the farm?

This is the one at the farm mate... on the left as you drive TOO mine...

Last five pics...

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

Hooooooooooooooooge blower as well...

DSCN0400.jpg

and lastly... I put my mobile phone on the engine to give you some idea of the size of the thing... it is simply massive...

DSCN0401.jpg

thats a great find, looks in fairly good condition, does it run well and what does he use it for

its used regularly for cultivation mate mainly I think... I think it's got a bit of a brake problem... but that's only minor

hell of a machine aint she, what does he usally pull with it?? saw a big valderstad drill there in april as we went past

as for the other one, on the right, is that his to?? looks a different model, but a big artic non the less

same model... but on singles I think mate.. he pulls a one pass thingy with it - not sure on the make.. the valderstad goes on his quadtrack mate I think.

So you are now a terracotta fan then Mark ;D

Only plant pots mate  ;);D:P

how many acres does he farm to justify 2 artic fiats and a quadtrac then mark??

Not too sure mate... but he's got quite a lot of very heavy land

That's the farm at Longstanton where they put the by-pass through isn't it Mark? where Jacksons had there compound ;)

That's the one Paul

Nice pictures mark, i lost my pictures of the one on the way to your place, just sent Ol a picture, he loves you and wants to kiss you later

I think I'l pass on this kiss... thanks all the same... he can just give me a peck on the cheek if he really insists..