Mini veg. packer

B O R

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pic 1 shows the plate at side that the decal later goes onto and pic 2 shows the rail at back remade and fitted...also the light stalks and valve block holder are now attached

post-1779-13263935078_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639350846_thumb.jpg

a good trick not to melt previous joints is the use of crocodile clips...the heat will be drawn up the clip rather than moving down the brass to the joint...but i find if the joints are properly soldered and filled nice and deep then you often dont need the clip,just a lightening flash of the iron and the solder and penetrate fast,hot fast stabs melting the solder deep into the joint

i spent 4 hours on the model today,generally going round it and strenghtening it up and lining it and making all remaining brackets,some of the tiny brackets took ages to make

post-1779-132639352436_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639352537_thumb.jpg

Un-believe-able!! What a build.... Having read how challenging you find some of the builds you find yourself doing, how does this compare? It looks easier in terms of the open framework of the model itself but the shaping of the brass, bending, cutting, joining etc looks like very slow and though provoking work...  :of

This has been quite a exciting build for me,yes other models like mowers and certain foragers do really push me to the limits and drive me up the wall but this has been a clear implement to follow in terms of simplicity in the frame design but i will say that it has turned out a more time consuming builkd than i would ever have imagined,itll be interesting now at the end for me to add up my time which ive kept a strict note of,and the brass,solder and paint......it may be a one off but at least ill have the experience behind me for the future....i originally estimated 20-24 hours but i think at min im away up around 38hours although id say whatever the total build time is the next time i could probably take 3 hours from it as id know better what im doing

this will be a nice tractor for the veg packer...ive resprayed the chassis,painted the wheels,door is now open and a new drawbar made and fitted to tow the packing trailer

post-1779-132639362362_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639362418_thumb.jpg