Harvest 2010

Smithy140

when i went on holiday 26th june there was a newholland combine working on the m5! wasnt fit thoe, it was for whole crop clamping at a guess.

Whereabouts, Mike? My mate is near the M5 between Bristol and Weston Super Mare, their TX63 was in Farmers Weekly cutting crimping barley.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys keep the pictures coming for us mere immortals!

Looks like another 5 weeks over here but I guess I'll see some winter barley first :P

Have to agree with Jordan and Tris - forget silage, harvest is the real deal for me. Nice mix of old and new that you don't get as much with silage.

well its started then, not seen anything down here yet, am stuck in the middle of plymouth for a while, but was speaking to my uncle and they had their first call out wed night, older jd2226 i think he said had a meltdown of some bearing inside, he spent his eve climbing back and forth inside replacing it as the farmer couldn't fix it himself

Another reason for looking forward to harvest is the Squire, Malcy P gets his big lense out and flashes at all the local talent..... Will you be going out late again to treat us to you spotlight/darkness master pieces?!!!  :) :) :) :)

IMG_1865Custom.jpg

'Stubble burning' in Suffolk. No idea what caused this fire, on a field of winter barley stubble that had just been baled, as I was just passing by. Quite impressive though. Luckily the fire brigade was there soon enough.