DBP MF 240

B O R

I treated myself to this DBP models MF 240 at the recent Causeway coast model show....Im very pleased with the model and i have been buying DBP models now for quite some time.Now i only have DBP MF,s in my collection but ive found in the past that any models from DBP that ive had for years have steadily held their value for we all need to reshuffle from time to time...So hats off to David for this fine production and for filling a gap in my extensive MF collection and realistically for me to build a one off 240 for myself would be far more hassle than the humble price of this model.....Fair play to Dbp he has been providing us with good stuff for a long time and i think with this model he has upped the stakes and its a winner..And Amanda is way ahead,she actually got me the same number 240 as the 390t i have in my collection....A team and a good team,David please do a 398 and im sure Amanda will have me down for no 56

post-1779-13263938371_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639383806_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I treated myself to this DBP models MF 240 at the recent Causeway coast model show....Im very pleased with the model and i have been buying DBP models now for quite some time.Now i only have DBP MF,s in my collection but ive found in the past that any models from DBP that ive had for years have steadily held their value for we all need to reshuffle from time to time...So hats off to David for this fine production and for filling a gap in my extensive MF collection and realistically for me to build a one off 240 for myself would be far more hassle than the humble price of this model.....Fair play to Dbp he has been providing us with good stuff for a long time and i think with this model he has upped the stakes and its a winner..And Amanda is way ahead,she actually got me the same number 240 as the 390t i have in my collection....A team and a good team,David please do a 398 and im sure Amanda will have me down for no 56

thanks for the comments brian very much appreciated from both of us dave and amanda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have a 240 ourselves. It would be great having a model of it together with the MF 135 and the Ferguson TE20, The 3 tractors my dad had. Where can I find this model.

Dirk

Welcome aboard Dirk... can we have a picture or two of your 240 please when you get a minute...

I've also got a 240 which can be found here...

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,24748.0.html

a good, honest little tractor that is frankly too good to take a paintbrush too at the moment  :-[:-\

as for Dave P's model.... go for it... and treat yourself to a Martyn Reeve 230 as well while you're at it

well.... it wasn't pictured in literature mate... HOWEVER... at the time of the 250 etc the cabs were sold and fitted as an option choice... although you HAD to have a cab on specific models.. you could choose from a number of options... and I would imagine that regional choice would come into this too... I've seen many odd ball 200 series models.. especially 230's and 240's with Duncan cabs. 

To the best of my knowledge, MF would do a 'deal' with a cab manufacturer as the 'standard option' ... but the farmer could choose from a number of providers through the MF dealer network.... or indeed, direct to the manufacturer I suspect  :-\

Ireland and parts of Scotland had their own cabs that were very specific to them too... more on the 100 series... but the same for 200's too I believe.

In short... yes it almost certainly was an option on the 240 in some areas.  Tractor sales, at this time are very regionalised in terms of spec... for example, you won't find many (any ?) 690 4wd's in the short wheelbase 'light duty axle' option around our way.... our dealer simply refused to sell them and always 'persuaded' the farmer to go for the longer heavy duty axle versions.. yet in other areas it's the opposite to the above  :-\

A tractor was very much more of a 'bespoke' product back in those days... especially in the cheaper ranges to keep the prices keen and customisable  :-\

Hope that makes sense.. it's 'Marky logic'  :-[:D :D

well.... it wasn't pictured in literature mate... HOWEVER... at the time of the 250 etc the cabs were sold and fitted as an option choice... although you HAD to have a cab on specific models.. you could choose from a number of options... and I would imagine that regional choice would come into this too... I've seen many odd ball 200 series models.. especially 230's and 240's with Duncan cabs. 

To the best of my knowledge, MF would do a 'deal' with a cab manufacturer as the 'standard option' ... but the farmer could choose from a number of providers through the MF dealer network.... or indeed, direct to the manufacturer I suspect  :-\

Ireland and parts of Scotland had their own cabs that were very specific to them too... more on the 100 series... but the same for 200's too I believe.

In short... yes it almost certainly was an option on the 240 in some areas.  Tractor sales, at this time are very regionalised in terms of spec... for example, you won't find many (any ?) 690 4wd's in the short wheelbase 'light duty axle' option around our way.... our dealer simply refused to sell them and always 'persuaded' the farmer to go for the longer heavy duty axle versions.. yet in other areas it's the opposite to the above  :-\

A tractor was very much more of a 'bespoke' product back in those days... especially in the cheaper ranges to keep the prices keen and customisable  :-\

Hope that makes sense.. it's 'Marky logic'  :-[:D :D

if anybody could have cleared this up its you mate,goes to show should never just accept whats on the cover of a brochure

also, in no way am i slagging off the model,its exactly the high standard of other dbp's models,just the cab that threw me

We know that Paul.... we all love Dave and Amanda's work hey buddy

in reply to the post above that..... Never believe the brochure indeed mate.... I've got some .. well two if truth be told... MF DEALER price lists.. which the rep would have.. the options for ordering are huge back in the 80's.. they even sold dowdswell plough shares to fit MF Huard ploughs  :of  ...

how about the last 240 cab sold in the UK... seen plenty of these up at Cheffins in the past... Duncan I THINK

MF2405_Page_1.jpg

MF2403_Page_1.jpg

or how about this for an ugly sod... (250 I know)

MF2504WD_Page_1.jpg

That's a Lambourne I belive

what about the brochure wth the D on the right of the cab of the 240 mark,is that a uk brochure then?

Nope... anything with a D on it is French mate... I think they put that on their test machines (demonstrators at a guess)... That's only my observation though Paul... not a known fact  :-[