DBP MF 240

B O R

I think they sold them with the sekura cab in france and denmark  when im saying

sekura i mean the type fitted to david brown 996's IH 784s JD 30 range to the 40 range

so the 240 MFs had all the cab makers as a choice  ;)

Over a period of time... I think it's fair to say... yes

oh ok,a very good hour on here,learnt loads ,thanks marky

thanks mate... I make it all up as I go along mind you  :-[:D :D

wow marky that lamborn cab was on the thomas 90 tractors aswell if i remember

might have a crack at one of those in me new shed  ...so thats a lamborn cab

i always thought they were thomas home made or in factory desighned cabs well

you learn something new everyday  ;):)

The letter D has nothing to do with demonstrator or any other specific MF reason, it was a plate for French highway use, all tractors and combines had to have some letter of some form on display. Any idea on the manufacturer of these last cabs?

just to add more types, I've just found a 274 with the cab as used on the Siku 200 series tractor ( a model built by Landini not at Banner lane )

http://www.mascus.com/Agriculture/Used-Tractors-60-79-hp/Massey+Ferguson/274+AS/images/59CB25DA-365D-4ADF-9F16-5E278ACFC9C1.html

The letter D has nothing to do with demonstrator or any other specific MF reason, it was a plate for French highway use, all tractors and combines had to have some letter of some form on display. Any idea on the manufacturer of these last cabs?

just to add more types, I've just found a 274 with the cab as used on the Siku 200 series tractor ( a model built by Landini not at Banner lane )

http://www.mascus.com/Agriculture/Used-Tractors-60-79-hp/Massey+Ferguson/274+AS/images/59CB25DA-365D-4ADF-9F16-5E278ACFC9C1.html

that's blooming interesting.... thanks for that.. I've always wondered what that D was for... I'm glad I put that I was guessing now  :-[  phew  :D :D :D

I'll dig out some more cab pics for you if you like... as for cab makers.... not a clue on the French built... sorry

wow marky that lamborn cab was on the thomas 90 tractors aswell if i remember

might have a crack at one of those in me new shed  ...so thats a lamborn cab

i always thought they were thomas home made or in factory desighned cabs well

you learn something new everyday  ;):)

JJ Thomas used clepa cab  not lambourn although they look the same, the only lambourn cabs fitted were flat deck Q LAMBOURNS the same as fitted to roadless tractors. the Lamborns pictured here on the MFs was heavily based on their last mk6 safety cabs pre q ratings

weve got a 298 2wd with that cab at college

thats the delux removable version then, same as we had on our 290 and loader, only ever remember it of once, when the 135 broke down, cab came of to clean out some of the pens , even then they had to bend over to the side to get in, but it went

I like the 254/274 allrad Sirrocco cabs, an updated version of the canvas cab fitted to many older UK tractors in the mid '70's.

Was the 390with a Duncan cab cheaper than the normal version? I knew of one on a farm in 1994 and never saw another.

The N.E.V. cab is interesting in that I've never seen that shape in the UK but across the channel most cabs from the late '60's/early '70's are that shape and I believe from more than one manufacturer.

Here a picture of a very small part of my collection.

MF Fortia 9895 (Schuco) - MF 7499 (UH) - MF 5480 (UH) - Case IH STX 450 (ERTL Precision)

MF 35X (UH) - MF 135 (UH) - MF 8690 (UH) - Ferguson TE20 (Siku) - MF 7480 (Britains)

MF 135 (Self Build with Siku Ferguson as base) - MF 135 (Britains)

CollectionMF528x396A.jpg

Thanks for sharing Dirk... your 240 is a later build than mine (having the straight decals and charchol grey chassis/skid unit).  She looks well cared for as well.  Is she a multi-power model mate ???

Also... that looks like a mighty fine MF collection to me too - it's crying out for a DBP MF240 as well  :P:D :D