afternoon off

Paul Palmer

no harvest work today,hopefully tomorrow,so had a bit of a drive around,jacobstowe,north tawton and okehampton,firstly a very sad mf 1200

Is that the one with the Grandma rolling the ploughed field  in the Massey Ferguson classic tractors 1976-1986 by George French DVD

come on Paul... we are relying on you to rescue that 1200 mate and bring her back to here former glory mate

For a tractor to be abandoned like that there must have been some pretty catastrophic mechanical failure surely? If you really wanted to do one up you would be a lot better off look for one that is complete and running, even if it costs more to begin with it would probably be cheaper in the long run. I'm always amazed when I read in the magazines stories about people bringing complete wrecks back from the dead when they are not even particularly scarce or desirable models. Two recent examples in Classic Tractor in the last 6 months or so have been a DB 996? with Sekura cab, and even worse a Leyland that a guy bought on ebay as a complete dog. Both would have been better off to scrap them and look for better examples to preserve.

PS good pics Paul, especially like the one of the old IH combine

doesnt look rolled ben, just abandoned, shame really, not to many left arround now, if only i had the room for her

??? ??? ???::)

I think Ben mean't it was rolling a ploughed field. . ..

Is that the one with the Grandma rolling the ploughed field  in the Massey Ferguson classic tractors 1976-1986 by George French DVD

come on Paul... we are relying on you to rescue that 1200 mate and bring her back to here former glory mate

i seen it last may, preparing some maize ground,but i could only see the roof,promised myself i would go back out there and get a better view,i had no idea she was that bad

theres a good few of them 7 series mf combines down this way aint there paul, can think of at least 5 within  an hrs drive of me, but not seen that one out that way, like that ih combine to, not a brand i have seen to many combines of

just stumbled across those ih's,for me, not seen many massey combines,you will have to let me know where you seen all those sean

Diano made a model of that IH 953 combiine, didn't they. Not many of the real-world machines about. I know of one in Suffolk (whereabouts are you, Paul? And not many models either - I have one, but nobody seems to know much about Diano? Anyone know any more - about the real machine or the model?

devon mate

I think the tractor in the DVD is a 1250 actually... rolling some pretty rough ladn as well as I recall.

As for you James F... I see your point... but given the basic layout of the 1200 and the fact that the metal used by BDR Manchester was good and thick.. just about every 1200 is restorable in my opinion... it's only 'bespoke' parts that can be problematic are the pivot, drop box (oil leaks normally due to the amount of oil they hold) and the trunion bearing.. if they are all 'servicable' then there is no reason why the rest can't be fixed up. The are, in effect two 188 backends mated to a standard A6.354 engine.

I did an in-depth buyers guide on the MF1200 in an older copy of Classic Massey magazine... I guess I can't post it up in here though as I've 'sold' the rights to my friends at Kelsey to use it  :-\

just stumbled across those ih's,for me, not seen many massey combines,you will have to let me know where you seen all those sean

one at the farm at landrake, on the right as you go out toward liskeard, another out the back of treullefoot roundabout, one out on the coast on the road between antony and tregantle fort, also 2 more out kingsbridge way ones out east allington the other a little further out behind slapton so to speak ,also a good few 30 series out there to

one at the farm at landrake, on the right as you go out toward liskeard, another out the back of treullefoot roundabout, one out on the coast on the road between antony and tregantle fort, also 2 more out kingsbridge way ones out east allington the other a little further out behind slapton so to speak ,also a good few 30 series out there to

you certainly get around mate,i did forget though the mf 307 at buckland monachorum,i did post a topic on that a few months ago, febuary i think