The adventures of Marky and Penny... new to me on Sunday 15th August 2010

Lord Ferguson

I finally had 5 minutes today when I wasn't at bloody work to stick Penny's numbers on....

Before anyone says... yes yes I know... the X is a little on the wonk  :-[

DSC_4647.jpg

Takes after my ploughing I guess  :D :D .... Penny is now back to her original way of displaying her number.. and the even better news is that I can now tip her seat up as mother nature MF intended..  ;D

Rain off...

DSC_4666.jpg

Oi.. get off  >:(:D :D

DSC_4668.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in here before... but I managed to find a VERY rare, original MF tractor cover... can't say any more as I'll be writing about it in CMFE when I get 5 minutes for the 'our tractors' bit  ;)

DSC_4606.jpg

I had to dig pretty deep for that... but who's seen another one recently.. I don't know of another one that's for sure.

eBay a long while ago now mate... forgot I had it in all honesty until today when I moved my compressor in the garage  :-[  .. I'd squashed it on top for some strange reason  ::)

what other treasures have you  "forgotten" about....... ;) ;) ;)

what other treasures have you  "forgotten" about....... ;) ;) ;)

i think he has a wife & two children if thats any help john  ???;D ;D 

i have seen one in a friends photograph, but the Massey ferguson print was long gone & it wasn't that colour either , & maybe had a few holes  :-\  actually to my mistake i thought it was a big urea fertiliser bag  :-[

he said they were used to cover the bonnets when they were on ship for export , ? may have been talking out of his @&$£ for all i know  ::) ::)

nice find mark :)

Unk... Marcus very kindly reminded I'd clean forgotton about Mrs F  :of:-[

Marcus... They were available as an option until around 1960-61 I do believe (I have traced them before through the price lists I have.. I'll have a look again when I 'pen my notes' for CMFE magazine) ... It stemmed from the Ferguson days where they did the same cover with the Ferguson logo on it. I do have a mate who has one of those and he made the mistake of washing it and the logo came clean off  :of ... poor bloke was gutted  :'(

Rick... 3 now.... could do with a 4th... but Mrs F did say she'd remove two of my most treasured possessions if I did  :of :'(

I'm not sure if I could still pick up a pint of beer with my THUMBS missing  ;):P

Unk... Marcus very kindly reminded I'd clean forgotton about Mrs F  :of:-[

Marcus... They were available as an option until around 1960-61 I do believe (I have traced them before through the price lists I have.. I'll have a look again when I 'pen my notes' for CMFE magazine) ... It stemmed from the Ferguson days where they did the same cover with the Ferguson logo on it. I do have a mate who has one of those and he made the mistake of washing it and the logo came clean off  :of ... poor bloke was gutted  :'(

Rick... 3 now.... could do with a 4th... but Mrs F did say she'd remove two of my most treasured possessions if I did  :of :'(

I'm not sure if I could still pick up a pint of beer with my THUMBS missing  ;):P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  too funny

Looking better with the number plate.

Nice to she her covered up.

I didn't know the seat tipped! :-[

thanks Kev... seat tips forward and backwards... to let the rain drops off  :)

Please tell Shirley that I'm in love with Penny... she's in my garage for good now... I hope she'll be pleased to hear that she's being looked after and kept as original as possible

And put my name on that 35x when it eventually comes up for sale too  :P:-*

And put my name on that 35x when it eventually comes up for sale too  :P:-*

carefull mark , else we'll have to make room in out diary for the Histon collection as well as the coldridge colection ! :) :)

you have any plans for the cultivator mate ?

eeerrr ah well thats the trouble you see mark, every time i see tim , i get really fired up to get things done , he's got a big shed i have a tractor , but i also have no time or money, i'm sure it will happen  i'm just not sure when  ;D ;D