The adventures of Marky and Penny... new to me on Sunday 15th August 2010

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice addition Mark. Get her towing soon please..

Thanks Kev... I'll do exactly that... as soon as I can.. and the sun shines

Mark there's no way you will still get into your old mf overalls from apprentice days mate  :laugh:

>:(  .. Oi... fart face...

Mrs F is going to hold them open on the pation while I jump from the upstairs window... cover in butter and cooking oil  :P

• 5 months later...

Hi mate.... that just about sums things up nicely actually  :-[

I've not even picked up the MF12 from Weatherheads as yet  :-[ ... Mavis is back with her new clutch and  seals... the 12 is running like a clock according to my mate who 'fettled her' and poor old Penny is in my garage with a radiator leak  :'(

Actually... I did buy a new tap for her this week which I've not fitted as yet.. it appears to be leaking from the drain c ock at the bottom of the rad... but I'm not sure if it's the actual soldered on nut or the valve itself as yet... Will be attempting that repair sometime in the next week I hope... not exactly a biggy... but I suspect something will go wrong knowing my luck  :-[:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Shes not really worthy enough of a topic all of her own... but I finally got around to collecting Little Mow back from my local dealer today, having spent a few quid having her oil changed and the carb cleaned out.

Here she is awaiting onward transport to mum & dads house

d5f35404.jpg

and now at her comfortable resting place for the foreseeable future...

78624dab.jpg

Are you leaving her in her working clothes or what Mark ???

Given her provenance Bill I think it would be not far short of vandalism to touch her mate really... said to have been presented to Frank Perkins by MF themselves in the same year of my birth (1967) and having worked around Perkins factory for so many years cutting the grass I really can't see myself giving her anything other than a clean up really.

Everyones thoughts welcome on the subject of course