New Holland T8 and T9 series have arrived

mrol

Just seen the article on FWi about the new Case's and it's interesting that they don't expect to sell many wheeled versions of the highest HP models in the UK as they reckon they need triples on to properly get all that power onto the ground. How long before a blue quadtrac comes out - ever? Never? I might have to make a custom 1:32 version when Ertl release an updated model.

Never... That would draw sales slfrom the successful Quadtrac

And yes. It is a struggle to get that power to the ground.

But they're basically one and the same company now with two seperate marketing teams and that's about it - made in the same factories, have the same specs - surely creating a blue version might expand the market as loyal blue fans would consider it as an option perhaps and CNH won't care whether they are selling lots of reds or lots of blues surely? I guess the Case dealers might get a bit grumpy but even they are slowly merging (Ernest Doe and Doe Power in East Anglia for example).

Turns out the the T7000s have also been updated to the...T7 with the new SCR engines and a few smaller models in the T7 range (seems to overlap alot with the T6000s now).

http://newhollandpresskit.btsadv.com/index.asp?c=&search=_&market=INB&c=NH_T7_INB&s=500

What a novel idea.... The 8000 range and the second number being horsepower....

Where cooooould they have that idea from...... ::) ::)::)

New Holland have been a bit novel on the naming, the second number is the max power, not the rated power that JD use in their naming...so the T8.390 is rated at 339HP but has max power of 389! That's a new, slightly exaggerating, way to do things.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen a T8.xxx working in the UK this summer? I'd be interested in seeing one in real life...

I haven't seen one working, but i've seen one parked up in my local dealers about a week ago, but i was on the way home from work at about 7 o clock and i was knackered so i didn't bother getting photos, if it's there again i will get some and put them up here.