Tools for Hobby Modeller

Deere-est

Question

A new topic for everyone to make use of.

Please add your own experiences of tools from the most simple to the most complexed. Whether hand operated or power operated.

It would be helpful to everybody if you included:

Some photos and product information.

How much it cost.

What you use it for.

How long you have had it.

Whether it replaced another tool.

Also, is it any good?!

Thanks in advance.

:)

I have a professional Makita variable speed hammer drill/screwdriver unit with 3 power packs that Stu bought.  I find it very easy to use, lightweight but powerful.  By golly the power packs seem to last forever.  A builder saw it when he came to do some work for me and was keen to buy it from me - I did not take his offer!

I take it that this leaves the surfaces roughed up too, Luke? Idea for texture to add scenic scatter to maybe?

It does leave it rough and I found that my materials did apply easier on the rougher sections vs. the smooth sections. I have been playing with it a bit more and it is great for making ponds and ditches. The worst part is the clean up because the foam shavings seem to stick to everything. ::);D ;D