Tools for Hobby Modeller

Deere-est

Question

A new topic for everyone to make use of.

Please add your own experiences of tools from the most simple to the most complexed. Whether hand operated or power operated.

It would be helpful to everybody if you included:

Some photos and product information.

How much it cost.

What you use it for.

How long you have had it.

Whether it replaced another tool.

Also, is it any good?!

Thanks in advance.

:)

you,s may laugh but all i use is a 4 inch grinder,ordinary draper electric drill and a £15 soldering iron,and around 15 different files and thats it,had a dremel but only lasted me a year and was dissapointed at that so next time i buy a similar product to the dremel itll be a draper at half the price......if the dremel only lasted a year then i wouldnt spend the money on a  new one.....i believe it is not about the tools but about producing a model form scratch and only using the bare essentials

its good to see that you manage to put out top quality models with the basic tools brian , and very interesting to see the tool list that you use for  making them thanks for shareing with us

Phoar... that Proxxon looks a bit tasty Trissy.. I can't wait to see what you make with it mate.. watched the clip on youtube last night.. it does look like a superb tool I must say.

What blades applications have you got there then mate ?... I assume it comes bundled with a wood one ?

Well done, Pete. I look forward to hearing how you get on with it. I suppose the wieght and the battery life will be the most important things to consider. Was this a Christmas present to Pete, from Pete? :D :D

If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

Well done, Pete. I look forward to hearing how you get on with it. I suppose the wieght and the battery life will be the most important things to consider. Was this a Christmas present to Pete, from Pete? :D :D

Yes my friend it was  :D :D

I have allready try it ..so far so good  :D

about £87  ;)

This tool is absolutely stunning Tris,can live without it mate,good battery time as well.

Overall 9,5 /10  ;)

been looking at dremmels the last few days ,as i need a new small drill as my 18v dewalts to big really for the fine bits i am making, been put of them a bit, mainly down to drill sizes they can take,  so looks like i am going for one of these 10.8 v bosch mini drill drivers,

is that the dremel or the drill mate??? like i say the dremmel doesnt quite fit my requirements really, and they price in nigh on the same as the drill i am looking at?? dam hard choice i must say, may leave it and buy one of them saws tris has instead ::) ::)  the dremel i tried at b&q seemed quite uncomfortable in the hand compaired to the drill, and the charge times longer to