The dyna drive lives on!

Light Land

Back when min-till/non-inversion wasn't in vogue the farm I worked on in holidays used a Dyna Drive.  As was said it was used as a solution - I can remember going over the same 45 acre field three times with one behind a MF 698T with no air-con no fan and in one of the driest therefore dustiest Septembers on record!!  So much fun.......

Im sure there was a 6 metre version, may have been two 3m put together, i dont have the brochure anymore, i think Bomford exported alot of dyna-drives?

i think the combi drill spelt the end for the dynadrive as a front line cultivation tool , but i did read that although the uk sales died out quite quickly, the export sales kept a strong trade especially in the african countries , i know of a few farms that still have them , but i don't think they've been used for a few years

hi every one,

well we still run 2 3m dyna drives on the 680 acres of arable land on the farm i work on.we have another 700acres of arable land we help out on to.one has a crumbler roller on the back and the other a spiked tooth packer.a john deere 6820 or our john deere 7530 are on the front.we use them on stubbles 1 or 2 passes then drill with a moore unitill drill.i was dyna driving some rape stubbles a coulpe of weeks ago with the 7530 on the front.we don't use them as much as we use to as we have a 5m vaderstad carrier and a 5m  kongskilde vibroflex cultivator as our main cultivation kit.that said it is a good tool and we will keep hold of them both.they are heavy to lift,speed does the job,10mph +.

best day i had with a 3m is 70 acres.had to retine one 2 yrs ago and  the other last year.

a good 2 long days.cheers dave.