Whats the widest implement you have pulled with a tractor??

JC

I've seen a similar topic to this on another board and thought it would be an interesting comparison to see.

Whats the widest implement you have pulled with a tractor excluding a sprayer boom??

I cant even see this post past NCC's reply but I'll try a reply none the same.

Pulled a 30ft straw rake in N.Dakota but on home soil it is probably the  Rolex 1220's on the big farm I workedon in my middle year. Could include a barbwire fence that was attached to the discs at one point?!! ;)

• 1 month later...

open or closed? cos if you forget to close the sprayer thats interesting, its like a person always laughing at people who bend spouts thinking how could they do that, then forgetting to put the combine boom back in and bending it. being in the middle of harvest and it going to rain the next day s**t what do u do you shorten the spout!! (just add it was bent by the UJ joints) hay it worked but tractor sat in the middle of the straw row rather than on top, which made interesting baling.

open or closed? cos if you forget to close the sprayer thats interesting, its like a person always laughing at people who bend spouts thinking how could they do that, then forgetting to put the combine boom back in and bending it. being in the middle of harvest and it going to rain the next day s**t what do u do you shorten the spout!! (just add it was bent by the UJ joints) hay it worked but tractor sat in the middle of the straw row rather than on top, which made interesting baling.

One of our near neighbours at work at a mishap with a 24m Case sprayer. His sprayman stopped for breakfast after finishing the field with a nice clean brand new sprayer, after he'd finished his breakfast he went to go back to the yard, trouble was he forgot to fold in the booms in the process and ripped them off the sprayer-result one very unhappy boss who put him on nasty yard duties and didn't speak to him for a few days  :D :D :D

not good harry at are did some thing like thatwith are brend new racer sprayer whent up and dow all moring with his brand new pice of kit well chuffed though he would look clever by going the feild next to the power sub staion were there a lot of tel graph pole we useraly do it with 12 m not the 20 m he whent up and down ok hit the frist 2 poles in line ever side no prob harry goes i only have 12m machine i stood on the next do feild a criged as he riped both booms off a the rear hitch off the tractor  >:(the boss wasnt happey after it cost him 5k :o to put right

I escape that as i don't do any spraying just granule spreading. I have however backed into another combine with our Lexion taking off the straw chopper in the process, the idiot parked in my blind spot, just couldn't see him in the mirrors! I know have a rear view camera fitted, brilliant bit of kit, can even back onto the header trolley with no help now. Insurance claim was about ?6k for that and ?3k for the new APS drum where it tried to digest a flint that was too big to fit in the stone trap whilst cutting tangled up spring barley  :-\

HAHAHAHA the funniest thing ive seen to do with combines is getting to the end of the field, the driver getting out the cab with a shot gun and trying to blow the s**t out of rats as they run out infront of him at the end of the row, does anyone else have the problems of "heaps" maybe just me but the person who drives the combine aught to do the baling!!

i have seen a no were the combine drive sticks it on to orto pilot a stands and shots the rats from the side as he is going along all so seen the same block get of and check the amont it chucking out the back welst the combine is still going i wont say name as his boss would not be happy if he were to read this

3 words! health and safety putting up buildings the normal people use a crane no we use a teleporter with an old plough body welded to it and then u get them standing on the end one foot on the building and the other on the plough!! awsum sight!!

HAHAHAHA the funniest thing ive seen to do with combines is getting to the end of the field, the driver getting out the cab with a shot gun and trying to blow the s**t out of rats as they run out infront of him at the end of the row, does anyone else have the problems of "heaps" maybe just me but the person who drives the combine aught to do the baling!!

I'm good to baler operators, if i have to stop i will back up so the straw gets spread out along the existing swath as a 25ft Lexion leaves a bloody big heap, i have only cut part widths in the past as our gamekeeper has to do his own bales with a vintage MF baler, just can't cope with 25ft in one swath! Most of ours is chopped though, we don't do a lot of straw for livestock. One of our customers did bale 60 acres of barley up and 100 acres of wheat with a conventional baler one year, never seen anything like it, it was spitting a bale out every 6 feet!