UH New Releases 2011

AJH

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be having a 175 please  ;D  any idea when they're due over here?

What's the mechanism on the linkage some kind of tow chain  :-::)

The mechanism is to transfer the weight of loaded trailers to the rear axle for better traction in wet conditions. I would guess that Lord F would have more information from his vast collection of leaflets and literature.

I'll be having a 175 please  ;D  any idea when they're due over here?

What's the mechanism on the linkage some kind of tow chain  :-::)

its called pressure control and as the reply above says,all about weight transfer to the tractors back wheels for better grip,a very unused item by drivers,which was a shame ,as it did work very well,lord fergy will know more about it

Oh yeah Baby... come to daddy...

That's a pressure conttrol coupling Mart.. early type as well looking at that.  I'm not so sure that the dash is right though... I thought the tractometer was in the middle of the dash on an early 100 series  :-\

That said... bloody nice model.. bagsy me first  :P:-*:-*

Thanks for the replies Tommy, Paul and Marky.......Never heard of the pressure control coupling before, always learning hey  :)

I thought the tractometer was in the middle of the dash on an early 100 series  [img alt=:-\]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/undecided.gif

Now that you say that Marky, just picturing the view from the seat I'm sure it is in the middle on our 175 and 165, will have a looky at that when I'm back down the road again.......

I am sure the early models (165/175) all had central clocks .. I don't think a 175 can have an off-centre clock based on it's age.. it was replaced in 1967 by the 178 ... although... having said that... the 178 DID have it... I always thought the change wqas made when they made the switch to the new model.  I know that the early 175's DEFINATELY had the central clock  :)

EDIT.... I must stop doing this... why am I picking holes  :-[::)>:( >:( ... it looks bloody superb and I am VERY grateful Mr UH... I can confirm that I WILL be getting one when they arrive in the UK  :-*:-* :-*

that does look like a 1st class model....the 175 were a truly fantastic tractor and the ad4.236 was the 1st perkins engine to have the air and exhaust manifold on the same side...a neighbour had a 175 in the 70,s and i remember it very fondly,everything about it meant business,the pavt wheels were a big advantage as they added weight to the tractors back end thus improving grip,although they were never fully appreciated in the UK,so MF reported...the 175 had a very limited run as they were replaced in 1967 by the 178 as Mark said,the 178 was in effecta 175 with the 248 engine instead,a good tractor in its own right but the 175 for me is a true banner lane classic,and was flagship of the 100 series when they were launched..This was UK tractor building at its best

the pressure control hitch wasnt a common site unfortunately....but for those who seen it in action or used it like myself it was totally legendary...did you read the test classic tractor done with it against a 4wd,the little 135 walked away with 10ton in tow....The whole 100 series from the outset incorporated the pressure control system within the hydraulics and it could only be used properly with the optional pressure control hitch...most farmers opted not to buy it and therefore lost out on a device which would have further increased their new tractors capabilties....almost anything was possible with the combiantion of both and the tractor weighed up properly at the front

It was quite common around here back in the mids 60's to early 70's Brian... and was only available on the UK built machines from launch.... the little 130 didn't get pressure control. In actual fact.... the 130 had a single quadrant with draft and position control on one moon slice.

The other advantage of the coupling is that is gave the tractors an extra 500psi... most PC tractors are 3,000psi over 2,500psi of the non-PC mac PC machines.  It was a superb system... IF used properly.. the idea was only to 'dial in' extra downforce when it was needed.  It basicually gave the advantages of draft control to trailed implements (such as heavy discs and loaded trailers.  The real problem with PC was that most farmers didn't have the correct implements to use with it.. drawbars needed to be of heavy construction to take the increased (upwards) load of the system.

You can still buy that weight transfer kit to put on newer tractors of any brand in Aussie.

I guess the (MF's original) patent must have run out by now Ol... interesting that it's still in use... I suspect it's the same in America too... both markets favour trailed over mounted (implements)

You can't get the width up enough to work the big sky country on the 3pt hitch as you know Marky,I've seen one in a farming throw away on a case 5150 it was blue in colour but i don't recall the name of it.

It used a leaf spring to take the load with a chain on the end.

NH T6020 looks so much better with the blue loadall :)   

Manitou 625 looks great but as  others have said its too small with a 6metre reach and 2.5kilo lift  whereas I would like and will wait for UH to make a bigger machine like MLT735 with a either a grain bucket or muck grab :)

Product: La Campagne BBC 21L 'Blue/Yellow '

UH item number: UH

MPS item number: MPSº68128

Sale: 1:32

Limited?: No?

Pictures:

No pictures...

Product: New Holland TNF 90 DT (1997)

UH item number: UH6073

Scale: 1:43

Limited?: No

Foto: