UH New Releases 2011

AJH

The only problem with your argument mate is the price, those DBPs left go for £200 (not always Dave's choice I am sure)  whereas this one will be circa £30-40 I imagine, plus Dave can't do anywhere near the numbers UH could, I agree the quality is unsurpassed though.

they were £130 not £200 and we will not try to make 1000s has they like uh would just get dumped offloaded will never be a true collecters item like early britains

not played with like britains which makes the unused and good items rare and collectable we like other handbuilt model makers are trying to make something right and collectable for for true collectors and ami piddled off (yes) we do not copy any one elses work i.e make the same model as other manufacters work

again it goes has others have said

china quids

uk zero

last man out close the door

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what i said about the MF 230 not being in 1/32. :-[The 240 will do me fine in 1/32. No pictures were posted of the 240 when i posted that comment. Want one.  :P DBP models will have to drop the price of there 240 bigtime to compete with UH one tough. David Purdue must not have seen this coming.

your not as clever has you think will not drop the price if we do not sell any more or build any more will make the few more collectable that people have. and yes mr smart person i did know about there plans someone did not keep as quite as they said they had

Nothing new with the MF 240 and UH!

DBP has been making one of these for a while!

So many masseys to choose from but lets choose one thats already being made by a small uk model maker (and a very good one at that)

I personally think UH models are great and have lots of them in my collection, BUT is an independant model maker like Dave really a threat to UH? I think not SO LEAVE THEM ALONE and get on with coming up with some original ideas and make good models of them!

hi thank you for that, very much appreciated dave

must say that i was surprised that uh made a 240...as people said why dont they leave a gap for the smaller model men...recently id say that g&m have been most hit as uh seem to have copied just about everything they,ve made....as regards to the DBP 240 id say you get what you pay for,i have one and the introduction of the uh 240 will have no effect at all on my ownership of the dbp version,its a better model all day long and i suppose by uh introducing one it means that the not so particular collector who doesnt wnat to spend much has the choice of owning a cheaper lower spec model.....i could think of piles of tractors uh could make rather than stand on toes,265,275 and 290 to mention only 3

they were £130 not £200 and we will not try to make 1000s has they like uh would just get dumped offloaded will never be a true collecters item like early britains

not played with like britains which makes the unused and good items rare and collectable we like other handbuilt model makers are trying to make something right and collectable for for true collectors and ami Peed off (yes) we do not copy any one elses work i.e make the same model as other manufacters work

again it goes has others have said

china quids

uk zero

last man out close the door

I have no idea why you would take exception to my comments Dave. The fact is if your Masseys are avaialble now they are closer to £200 than £130 but I did say 'not always Dave's choice I am sure' regarding the price.  I understand that in an ideal world every manufacturer big or small would not make the same models but this ignores the point that not everyone can afford detailed models at the price of what you called the 'true collectors'. As I said your models are high quality but by your logic I fail to see why a 'true collector' would suddenly opt for a cheap alternative from UH anyway. Sadly commerce does not always allow for sentiment.

Surely we should celebrate the fact we have the choice of many great models at many different level of quality, detail and price. I hate to think how expensive models from Britains, Siku, UH and Ertl would be if they were made in Europe.

Oooo yes please UH.. another peach that... would go well behind a 5480 I reckon  :P

As for DBP... I too have the 240 and 20B models... and damn good they are too ! .. it is a shame that this model clashes with Dave's model... but we are not comparing eggs with eggs really... one is a hand built model.. made in low numbers in the UK by a very small business and by virtue of this a 'justifiably pricey' piece... the other is a mass-produced, high volume product produced for the mass markets all over Europe and beyond I suspect. I've 'voted with my feet' by buying Dave's 240... and I shall do the same by buying UH's 240 too .. it's even more personal for me as it's my 240 that was measured... BUT.... I'd do the same if it was an MF390.. and lets face it, at some point in the future that will probably be an option, if history is anything to go by anyway.

Dave and Amanda are lovely people.. as are Graham and Michelle of G & M... we'd all hate to see them suffer financially and I'm sure all of us would agree on that... but Lee's comment above is right... there is no room for sentiment within the wheels of commerce. My business is currently facing the same issues with 'the big boys' consistently undercutting me... just because they can - so I know the feeling too well. I'm putting my money where my mouth is as often as I can... and I urge those who agree with me to do the same.. if nothing else, to support the great figures in our hobby and secondly, of course, for the investment opportunity a DBP or a G&M brings

I only know my MF's really... so I can only speak from that viewpoint... but there really aren't that many models that would be considered 'commercially viable' .... sadly that list includes all the 'greats' such as the TE0's, The 35's the 65, 135, 175, 230/40, 590, 1200/1250 etc etc...

I fully agree with mark regards  daves work , you just can not compair them and anyone who has the nerve to say that his work is overpriced is very very wrong . Whilst I do not have his 240 I do have 3 of his 390's with a 4th due any day soon and after speaking to him a 5th won't be far away , uh may do a 390 sometime , good luck to them if they do , but I know right now it will not touch daves ones for quallity and 100% acuracy full stop.

Just to clarify I never said Dave's work was overpriced. I have happily paid north of £200 for his work in the past and would do so again.

Especially if he did a Muir Hill  ;D;)

We know that Lee... I'm sure Sean is not suggesting you did... I never will understand why Dave's models often fetch North of £200 when he's still selling them for £130 or so... I suspect it's those who are too impatient to wait for one, or who can't get to the shows - either way it's testament to their perceived value by us collectors I guess - there can be no better endorsement than that I guess.

We know that Lee... I'm sure Sean is not suggesting you did... I never will understand why Dave's models often fetch North of £200 when he's still selling them for £130 or so... I suspect it's those who are too impatient to wait for one, or who can't get to the shows - either way it's testament to their perceived value by us collectors I guess - there can be no better endorsement than that I guess.

I don't get to many shows sadly, I get most of mine off Ebay, there are 4 up there at the moment I think.

i will add my little piece but we all are going off topic, i think,however,if people have the money to pay for a model that is not mass produced,fine,let them carry on,i personally could never justify to myself to pay over a £100.00 for one model,that doesnt mean that i dont realise what fine models they are,and the theory that uh is copying these hand made model companys doesnt wash with me,uh and britains etc give the masses the choice to buy models at a reasonable price,but can we get back on topic,this is about universal hobbies releases  for 2011,if people want to say about the difference between uh and hand made models ,start another topic please

your not as clever has you think will not drop the price if we do not sell any more or build any more will make the few more collectable that people have. and yes mr smart person i did know about there plans someone did not keep as quite as they said they had

Sorry if i ofended you Dave. If youd read my second comment you would see i do admire your models and fairplay to you for all the trouble you go to to build em & the accuracy put into such disirable models you build. I do hope to buy or order some from you some day,maybe at the next model show you atend in Ireland. My name is not Mr Smart person,its JUSTIN & as regarding the MF240,im only buying the UH example to save money ,so hopefully i can buy a few Fords & Countys from you some time soon. Resson being is that id spend more on FORDS than MFs cause im a Ford fanatic. 8)