Newark Vintage Tractor & Heritage Show 2010

Andy

Next up another fine line up of International tractors starting with Christopher Leeder's 1917 10-20 Mogul.

DSC01028.jpg

Terry Lloyd's W-14.

DSC01026.jpg

Roger Emm's Model A.

DSC01025.jpg

Followed by Roger Desborough's ultra rare Garret 4L2.

DSC01031.jpg

Peter Andrew's 1967 Ford 5000.

DSC01030.jpg

George Yarwood's fantastic Roadless 980.

DSC01027.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my final selection of photographs from the George Stephenson hall.

Starting with Vic Mathers David Brown 1955 50D.

DSC01039.jpg

Another tractor that was constantly surrounded by people was another variation of tandem tractor. On this occasion two Massey Harris 55 tractors had been joined together. It was one of ten built by a Montana dealer in 1950.

DSC01041.jpg

Peter Clarke's stunning Porsche Junior.

DSC01043.jpg

It's always great to capture the restoration work of David Aylward. At Newark he had his wonderful Nuffield DM4 on display.

DSC01049.jpg

Lastly from the George Stephenson Hall Rob Yates's International Super BWD6.

DSC01050.jpg

Moving onto the next hall I ventured into filled to the brim once more with rare, original and beautifully restored tractors.

Starting with a pair of Internationals.

George Smith's 1938 10-20.

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

A fine pair of Marshall 602 and 702 tractors.

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

Brian Whitlock's Ferguson TE-20 Continental.

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

A selection of Ford and Fordson tractors and associated conversions from this hall.

DSC01097.jpg

Trevor Rose's imported 841.

DSC01103.jpg

Robert Etches Super Major on Rotaped tracks.

DSC01099.jpg

James Hardstaff's County swamp crawler.

DSC01101.jpg

Peter Andrews's County 1174.

DSC01098.jpg

Lastly another fine pair of classics 5000 and 7600.

DSC01108.jpg

Moving through to the next hall I was greeted with Nuffields, Nuffields and more Nuffields.

Starting with Steve Scowen's Universal Four.

DSC01115.jpg

Brian Elliot's 10-60.

DSC01116.jpg

Nick Jakeman's Universal 3.

DSC01117.jpg

Les Wright's DM4.

DSC01118.jpg

Nick Barber's very original 10-60.

DSC01119.jpg

Donald Simpson's restored 10-60.

DSC01120.jpg

1951 Massey Harris 744.

DSC01133.jpg

Moving into the final hall the first tractor I came across was this Tractor Research Mk1, the 5th portotype machine of what later would become the BMC Mini tractor.

DSC01136.jpg

Perkins powered Allis Chalmers B, followed a pair of Ransomes crawlers.

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

Rollo Croftmaster.

DSC01141.jpg

Peter Aflatt's Cletrac based Allis Chalmers crawler.

DSC01153.jpg

Followed by John Jordan's very original D272.

DSC01154.jpg

Next up another selection of International tractors.

Michael Cox's B275

DSC01159.jpg

Adam Arrowsmith's high clear example.

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

Richard Feasby's wonderful 434 narrow version.

DSC01172.jpg

A selection of Ferguson and Massey Ferguson machines including Daniel Hancock's superb 550 which i've photographed before at the National Ploughing Championships.

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

Stephen Mear's Fordson Major.

DSC01173.jpg

Followed by my favourite of the modified Majors on display. Chris Shaw's Perkins V8 example.

DSC01161.jpg

David Payne's International Farmall Cub.

DSC01177.jpg

My final photographic contribution from this year's Newark Tractor and Heritage Show as darkness begins to descend.

Starting with a selection of beautiful baby blues.

Luke Hooper's prototype Fordson Super Dexta.

DSC01170.jpg

Alan Daubny's Ford 3000 Pre Force.

DSC01181.jpg

Followed by Tony Bristow's 1972 Force example.

DSC01171.jpg

As I ventured back outside with Dad towards the carpark the sun descends on this Cotil crane equipped Fordson Major.

DSC01193-1.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

On the way back towards the entrance I found a vehicle which has had it's fair share of attention this year.

DSC01206.jpg

Homeward bound in the setting sun.

DSC01207.jpg

So we've come to the end of my photographic review of this event. It's not completely comprehensive, there were still plenty of exhibits I was unable to or failed to point my camera lens at. As I mentioned previously to fully appreciate all of what's on display you really need the whole weekend to take everything in. Something i'm planning on doing next year. Hope everyone has enjoyed my colourful trail from this year's event. One of the best static rallies i've had the pleasure of experiencing and it was great to catch up and meet so many tractor enthusiasts too. 

Some great pictures there David, I didn't seem to get much time for photo's, although I did take quite a few of that 1124...my favourite tractor at the show. What a superb restoration, but then what a good starting point, 1300 hrs was it? and then a stint in a museum stateside! Puts mine to shame, well almost as its got over 9000 hrs on the clock a true work horse you might say, albeit slumbering at the moment.

Getting back to topic, the Perkins engined N apparently was fitted with an engine from a Sherpa van, turbocharged at that. Does it qualify for vintage ploughing matches?

The JCB aircraft tug  looked to be based on a Fordson Major skid unit with their own front axle design and tin work being either JCB3 or 4

Some great pictures there David, I didn't seem to get much time for photo's, although I did take quite a few of that 1124...my favourite tractor at the show. What a superb restoration, but then what a good starting point, 1300 hrs was it? and then a stint in a museum stateside! Puts mine to shame, well almost as its got over 9000 hrs on the clock a true work horse you might say, albeit slumbering at the moment.

Getting back to topic, the Perkins engined N apparently was fitted with an engine from a Sherpa van, turbocharged at that. Does it qualify for vintage ploughing matches?

The JCB aircraft tug  looked to be based on a Fordson Major skid unit with their own front axle design and tin work being either JCB3 or 4

Thanks ever so much Paul. It certainly was quite quite a mission to get around all the tractors with the camera ( my legs and knees were a bit stiff by the end of the day ) and even then there were quite a few I missed which I'd have liked to have captured. I'm a huge fan of Ford conversions, especially those made by County and whilst there quite a few excellent restorations such as the Roadless 980, that 1124 just seemed to stand out more than the rest, next to no hours on it and a stunning restoration to match, I do like those Firestone tyres too that were fitted to a number of other tractors at the show also. The JCB tug was indeed Fordson Major based, never seen anything like it before and made a nice change from the David Brown examples also on display.

I'm not sure about modified engined vintage tractors competing in their respective vintage classes at ploughing matches ( certainly at the highest level anyway ) I know vintage specials are allowed to compete in the high cut oat seed furrow class, i've seen a number of Perkins P6 powered Fordson N tractors in the past and also Ron Hill's Land Rover front axled International W-4.

At local working days i've attended however i've seen a number of variations competing in the vintage trailed class. Off topic I know, but here's another alternatively powered N I found at a ploughing match and working day not far from home last year. It's an Izuzu engine which I believe previously resided in a mini digger.

DSC05879.jpg

DSC05878.jpg

another smashing set of photos david,it enables all of us who cant make these venues agreat insight,thanks again

Thanks Paul, enjoyed putting them together and likewise it's nice to be able to share them with fellow F.T.F members and enthusiasts rather than have them just sat on my computer for my own eyes, it makes it all the more worthwhile when attending events like this. :)