Massey 1200

JC

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks real nice doc  ;)

Are you pleased with it  ??? now you have been let loose in it on the road, where the brakes differcult to get used too, i drove one for the first time about a year back and i had a few problems getting used to the brakes,

Yours looks in good nic though  ;)

So what are your plans with this piece of history then Jason? We had a restored one at college that we all played around with. She was an awesome sounding machine but kept on blowing lift ram seals with a four furrow reversible. Excellent fun to drive but it is a bit of a seat thrower as you have found out, speed bumps. . ... . ouch!! What was it used for with a fifth wheel on the back then, logging or something? There are a fair few around which come up in the magazine's now and again as self propelled tankers, tipper's and such like. She looks like she is in pretty sound and workable condition. Pleased with it?

(Recognise the wagon too!!)

I'm going to have a look around her first and see how much work she needs before making any firm decisions, It would be nice to bring her back to a high standard but at the end of the day it all boils down to cost.

Not sure what she has been used for in the past, the fifth wheel is too high and too close to the cab for it to have been used on any standard trailer though.

Maybe an old swan neck dump trailer or land grader then. It's easy to picture it in it's former glory yes, let's hope after a day of looking underneath what appear to be healthy tinwork you have some nice surprises with the mechanics.

Looks real nice doc? ;)

Are you pleased with it? ??? now you have been let loose in it on the road, where the brakes differcult to get used too, i drove one for the first time about a year back and i had a few problems getting used to the brakes,

Yours looks in good nic though? ;)

Didn't use them UDI, comes with driving lorries i think and changing copious amounts of brake shoes on a cold night in the days before I used a fitter for my maintainance.... only use the brakes if you need to!!!

Didn't use them UDI, comes with driving lorries i think and changing copious amounts of brake shoes on a cold night in the days before I used a fitter for my maintainance.... only use the brakes if you need to!!!

Yeah heard about you lorry drivers.....tutt..tutt  :D;)

Maybe an old swan neck dump trailer or land grader then. It's easy to picture it in it's former glory yes, let's hope after a day of looking underneath what appear to be healthy tinwork you have some nice surprises with the mechanics.

theres one down here at the mo working on the a30 move,with a grader attached on via a 5th wheel in that position,like you say most ended up doing that sort of work and logging work ,

how many laps of the yard have you done so far with her then doc,and did you go and get your paper like you said :D :D :D :D :D

excellent FP,

I think you should chrome up the exhaust, wheels etc, give it a good polish up and drive it around Sheffield :D :D ::) ::)

no seriously, what do you plan to do with it? ???

theres one down here at the mo working on the a30 move,with a grader attached on via a 5th wheel in that position,like you say most ended up doing that sort of work and logging work ,

how many laps of the yard have you done so far with her then doc,and did you go and get your paper like you said :D :D :D :D :D

At least a dozen so far..... :D :D :D :D ::) I need to get it charging the batteries before I venture back out of the gate with her, should get that done this afternoon if the phone slows down for half an hour.

excellent FP,

I think you should chrome up the exhaust, wheels etc, give it a good polish up and drive it around Sheffield :D :D ::) ::)

no seriously, what do you plan to do with it? ???

I'm off to get classic tractor and whatever else I can find on the shelves on my way home so I can have a look and see what I can get to chav it up.  ::)

Archived