Britains 2011 Releases

mad4machines

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the body will be plastic and the chassis metal, so it is logical to assume that the body will be coloured plastic and the chassis painted.

Coloured plastic doesn't chip like paint does, which is one reason why it tends to be favoured by most toy manufacturers.

UH are not toys  ;)

your starting to sound like a cracked record clive  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  , often wonder how uh can get plastic and metal to look the same colour mind, just checked my spare joskin body and looking at its coloured  plastic , yet its got a spot on good gloss finish, ok britains work to a price, but even as a toy, for say 1 quid more wouldnt you like a metal chassi and a plastic body that match colour wise??

Oh lord I hope its not a mix and match color scheme on the Kane. We dont want to be 99% there and then ruin what is a beautiful trailer in reality

The whole "toy" argument is getting a little old at this stage. Anybody that knows anything about injection moulding will tell you it aint that difficult to match plastic color to paint color once you have a RAL number.

Yet Britains are consistent in getting it wrong. At least they are consistent

Not a bad looking trailer now.. Yes there are defflintly some flaws/Incorrect areas in it which I can see a mile off. But suppose its rare to get a model/toy thats 100% to the real deal..

Suppose it is only a mock up and probably not the final build so they could fix them, Doubt it tho  ::)  ::) 

Not a bad looking trailer now.. Yes there are defflintly some flaws/Incorrect areas in it which I can see a mile off. But suppose its rare to get a model/toy thats 100% to the real deal..

Suppose it is only a mock up and probably not the final build so they could fix them, Doubt it tho  ::)  ::)

curious now blake, what errors can you see mate ??? its not a common trailer over here so i wouldnt know what i was looking at as such ,it is how ever a great improvement over the old marston ones, and as such the only main stream made uk/ireland tipper trailer on the market

your starting to sound like a cracked record clive

I know, but so are the ones who never miss a single opportunity to gratuitously try to do Britains down.  I find it unbelievably depressing  :(

ok britains work to a price, but even as a toy, for say 1 quid more wouldnt you like a metal chassi and a plastic body that match colour wise??

If they can do it for an extra pound or two, I would be very happy with that. 

However, the 'superior' models that you all use as examples with which to justify your criticisms of Britains are rather more than that - mostly about double the price;  the two Kane trailers will have a srp of £18.99 and £16.99 repectively when they arrive in the shops, compared with around £30 for the Ros trailers, and around £40 for the UH ones; hardly a valid comparison in my opinion. 

It's like criticising a Kia because it isn't made to the same standard as a BMW.

Blake,

If you list what you think is incorrect, perhaps we can do something about it. :D

Re: superior quality of model - the original discussion was around plastic colour quality. I would expect that the majority of the extra cost of year models is down to:

1. The detail and finess of the model features requiring extra time and investment in the design and prototype development

2. Thinner materials requiring higher tolerances during manufacture (and hence more advanced manufacturing equipment) to ensure accuracy and quality

3. Nos of component parts - the models generally have many more - pipework, moving ladders, signs , mud guards, tipping mechanism

4. Cost of assembly - more, finer and more intricate parts will take longer to assemble and then paint (where needed) and hence more labour

I'd guess that the cost of improving the quality of paint plastic would only be a small % of what drives the cost differential (plus profit margins of course).

Re: tips to improve the prototype - sounds like a great idea to me.

There should be no problem in matching the plastic in most cases. Although one colour which has always been a little tricky is yellow. The new JCB's could do with changing slightly, of which Craig agreed.

I know, but so are the ones who never miss a single opportunity to gratuitously try to do Britains down.  I find it unbelievably depressing  :(

If they can do it for an extra pound or two, I would be very happy with that. 

However, the 'superior' models that you all use as examples with which to justify your criticisms of Britains are rather more than that - mostly about double the price;  the two Kane trailers will have a srp of £18.99 and £16.99 repectively when they arrive in the shops, compared with around £30 for the Ros trailers, and around £40 for the UH ones; hardly a valid comparison in my opinion. 

It's like criticising a Kia because it isn't made to the same standard as a BMW.

Which market group buy the most Britains, collectors or children. Worldwide there is a massive group of people who buy them as toys but there is also a massive group of collectors who buy Britains including me.

It is irrelevant whether you think people are trying to put them down or not. It is the simple fact that for years Britains disregarded what the customer wanted and yet collectors bought them and are now coming back on track.

The toy or model argument is also irrelevant. Matching the plastic colour is non related to whether it is a toy or a model. 

From what i have been told, the trailer has been made from CAD drawings provided by Kane, so i am very keen to find out what you think is incorrect?

It's an excellent looking trailer and definitely value for money, i for one will be adding a few of each to my collection! Roll on July!

Well if anyone thinks I'm wrong just say...

The first two I noticed straight away where the centre Bars on the Silage wings. These should be the same profile as the centre bar running up the grain sides. On the left hand side its next to nothing in width? And I think from the pics above that the right hand side one may be slightly wider? Hard to tell exactly, but still not as it should be..

Next was the fact that there is no top running bar on the silage wing on the left hand side? Its at the very back before the angled section starts but stops? It should run the whole way to the front.. Its just not there???  :-\

Looking at the ram placement its inccorrect. Now I know it would be hard to get the ram exactly the same as the Real one as it sits nearly vertical when down and extends up and then leans slighty back.

The hook on the drawbar looks a tad out of place? Looks like a spoon  ;D

And last, (I think), Again its hard to tell exactly from the pics but I'm not 100% convinced on the shape of the body at the front view. I think it Tapers to quickly, To sharp of an angle. Also the same with the front of the chassis..

Apart from that Shes a grand Trailer!  ;D 

Now some of you will say that I'm being picky and yes maybe I am, But I have spent a long time studying Drawings/Pictures of the Kane Halfpipe so these are areas That I notice straight away, Some of you may not  ;)