moira model show oct 2011

mr softie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all I have to say it's one of the best shows I've ever been at,my pictures don't do it justice.

The displays were outstanding,alas I didn't get time to photograph them all as it was late when I got there  :(

I met a few forum members and the craic was good,roll on next year.

Superb layouts, looks a chilly shed but with the barriers and the amount of space available for the guys displaying it does look a well organised event. I really like the display with the mobile drier and the bulker tipping. I've never been around a mobile drier or had a model one as a child but for some reason I have always wanted to build one of the FTF Scratchbuild competition.

Again, the effort in all the displays is outstanding8)

great pictures ,can i ask ,are all irish buildings red frames and green cladding?? every building in them layouts is the same colour scheme , so i asume its the norm over there?? i know this way its greys greens blacks , wood cladding and stone ones to,

The most of them sheds are made by a man called Paul Savage (sorry if i got the last name wrong bad with names)  ;)

yes a fair deal of sheds are that colour or they are white with red tin like the ones i have on my display  ;)

It's not my fault you weren't at your display at the time the photo was taken  ;);D

I think it would be a good idea at some of these shows to have an A4 sheet (or maybe even larger) telling the public who's display it is and a little bit of history on the display...e.g. is it based on a real farm ...has it a name...what made the exhibitor decide to build the display etc etc.

Having something like this would let the spectating public know a little more about the display if the exhibitor was not there at the time. In addition any budding writer / photographer can take a picture of the sheet instead of scrawling down notes which might not be easily translated at a later stage ;) ;)

Although I have only exhibited once at a model show I have exhibited my vintage tractors at shows for the past 25 years and have always had boards giving a bit of history on the tractor since the last thing I want to do at a show is stay with my own exhibit all the time.

I think it would be a good idea at some of these shows to have an A4 sheet (or maybe even larger) telling the public who's display it is and a little bit of history on the display...e.g. is it based on a real farm ...has it a name...what made the exhibitor decide to build the display etc etc.

Having something like this would let the spectating public know a little more about the display if the exhibitor was not there at the time. In addition any budding writer / photographer can take a picture of the sheet instead of scrawling down notes which might not be easily translated at a later stage ;) ;)

Although I have only exhibited once at a model show I have exhibited my vintage tractors at shows for the past 25 years and have always had boards giving a bit of history on the tractor since the last thing I want to do at a show is stay with my own exhibit all the time.

there was A4 sheets with info on most displays and names of the people that owned them name and forum name  ;)

there was A4 sheets with info on most displays and names of the people that owned them name and forum name  ;)

So there! Best get a bit of WD-40 on them lenses  :laugh: :laugh:

Yes I have seen photos from previous shows where info sheets were on the front of the tables and so on. Love looking back through the photos again and again!  :) :)