Small Scale Vegetables to go in my Spud Boxes

Lord Ferguson

Question

Made by my Mummy who obviously has nothing better to do  ;) - They look fantastic... got loads of pics to post so bear with me... I'll let you know when I get to the last one - any questions fire away at the end ;)

Anyway here goes - All together first to wet your appetite..

• Answers 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thanks Martin I'm chuffed with these.

Quote from Jakescot via PM - hop you don't mind me posting it here John..

"just seen yr veggie boxes , those are great and I have to say the model companies don`t  really take enough account of these little extra touches do they  ,  better now though with the siku front weights, loader attachments and britains dumpy`s and boxes .......... what did she use for the carrots cabbage  etc??? and a question......................do they get put into the full size boxes, not half depth ones??"

Mum has used that clay you bake in the oven... it comes in different colours... dad keeps moaning about how many times the oven keeps going on... And yeah I have made half-height fillers from wood for the boxes (you can just see it in the Carrot in sack pictures I think... Sacks were all sewn by hand as well

pah! so busy congratulating you via pm that i missed time to post normally  ::) ::)

i like the parsnips as they are unless you want the just dug look :)

really like all that marky  ,cladium is it ?  i thought it was fimo ?  if fimo will do i'll see if dawn can stock it in her new shop  & wait for the FTF members orders , 10 % off in the first week  ;) ;)

yeah make a few boxes full of different veg & put them on e-bay ,it would be interesting to see the response

I was thinking about how much a box full of Carrots or Spuds might fetch... trouble is you would never get your time back - I hate to think how long a box of carrots would take to make - they all have little crimps in them as well  ::)

very nice mark,and you mum is as tallanted as you clearly,so will we see a spud box load avaiable for your stuff then? a sheet of plastic card with a few stuck on to finish them off??

Thanks Sean.... As they are so small you have to have at least half a box full really or you can see the padding piece... I've simply cut a lump of pine (Balsa would have been better... but alas I have none) half the height of the box - Wondering if I should PVA them in place  ???