The pros and cons of UH and Britains

Guest quangova

I totally understand were you guys are coming from.

For a while now I find my collecting priorities changing. UH is the first thing I look at. It's been that way since the Deutz Agrotron and the McCormick MTX175. I see it this way; I collect models, NOT toys so I'm drawn to UH and Ertl precision models first. I like modern models but have no problem with the past, say back to '65, as long as I have some kind of connection to it.

I'm keeping my eye(s) open for Britains stuff to add to my collection but have no interest in having everything. I'm lucky in that I have a lot of what I want and most of it is stuff that survived my childhood. My Britains collecting will be on an item by item basis.

Siku seems to be the big looser with me. I can't find any over here now and what is previewed on this site just doesn't do it for me. I don't think it's the models, it's more what is chosen to be modeled. The Claas baler with buil-in wrapper is the first model in a while that I really want from Siku.

All that said though, If the house caught fire, (Heaven forbid  :'() after making sure 't missus and 'er cats were safe, I'd have to get my Britains MF 135.  :)

Guest Fendt pwr

What models would you like to see made TOG?I feel the same way about the choice of models comeing out now.All this new grass machinery dose'nt do it for me,when I get my magic wand fixed up I'll change that new silage loader wagon into a nice big kuhn sprayer.

I'd really like to see UH do the Deutz Agrotron from the 100 on up. They are a good way there, they already have the cab so it shouldn't be too hard. As for new stuff, I just hope they keep working with the smaller manufacturers. It's so nice to be able to get high detail models of "rarer" modern tractors. A Landini would be nice. I hoped that with Valtra being bought by Agco that UH might have got a look in with Agco but our Valtra dealer says that since the Agco purchase, they can't get any models now so it seems to have worked the other way.

I'd like to see the *74 and *84 series tractors done by Britains/Ertl to the level of quality that the JD4020 is. This would work so well for them, there are a lot of tractors that could be made by changing simple things like bonnets, cabs and front axles.

I'm really quite happy with what is coming out, some I like, some I don't but I never have enough cash to get to the end of my "really would like to have" list anyway so no point in shouting for more. :)

I've resisted UH so far, mainly because I'm more interested in NH and Masseys, well the stuff I see in the fields, but I can not deny they are probably the best models pound for pound out there. If they bring out a good range of implements, I can see a switch for me, I've pretty much got hold of what I want Britains wise, apart from doing the numerous conversions I've got planned (I'm not a MIB collector of everything, I just wanted a working farm). If UH brought out a NH or a Massey, I'd be breaking down the door.

Whew this is an awesome thread, one thing I am wondering about in regards to the ZTX I see G & M referred to it as a 280 I think and Q makes a reference to a number but no were on the ZTX I have does it show a number....So what's the skinny on that?  Rick

PS For Q is the dual wheels custom/conversion or is that stock??????

Guest quangova

Whew this is an awesome thread, one thing I am wondering about in regards to the ZTX I see G & M referred to it as a 280 I think and Q makes a reference to a number but no were on the ZTX I have does it show a number....So what's the skinny on that?? ?Rick

PS For Q is the dual wheels custom/conversion or is that stock??????

Its a custom conversion with a set of wheels from another ZTX