The pros and cons of UH and Britains

Guest quangova

I have for sale my entire collection of britains models. Items are both boxed and unboxed, far too many to list. If you would like info or pictures, email me with your requirements. My entire collection is being sold to make way for a new breed of models.................. Universal hobbies!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  ;)...........and yes i'd like that claas model!!

Guest quangova

"Q", on the subject of Claas, did you get another one of those you have on ebay or is it being sold to make way for more UH models?

Na i picked up another 2 from a local CLAAS dealer which i found by chance... strange i had been looking for a while for one of these without much luck and then like buses three came along all at once...!

Guest quangova

Awesome Q.? Is it a conversion?? How much (if that is not being rude!!!)?

Ther due for a June release, no idea of price yet but i have a feelin it will be around the ?55 mark... hopefully i will know for sure after the 10th...?

Ther due for a June release, no idea of price yet but i have a feelin it will be around the ?55 mark... hopefully i will know for sure after the 10th...?

?55 aint bad really, I've been sat looking at some of my models tonight, I compared the UH mx175 to one of my ford conversions................ ?15 versus about ?35 off parts and probably a valuble day off work in time to do it and I think you can guess what I thought!

Guest quangova

I know what ya mean FP about conversions compared to UH.. and Andy i'm so stunned wit the quality i just want new models now no more harping back to the past... and how about this UH ZTX 280 wit duals all round.. just seein if i can get hold of one

Guest quangova

i was just modyfying post.. so pic disappeared... but it looks rather cool...may be tempted to get one and a Lemken 1:32 6m trailled pneumatic drill

Q, harping back to the past is why some of us collect as it is tied to memories, but that does not preclude having some of the modern stuff as well. ?It all comes down to horses for courses and the right of individuals to decide for themselves. ?(Does that sound like a politician. ?I hope not as we know what a load of sheep sh****rs they are.) ?The problem comes when funding is stretched and priorities have to be set. ?:)

Guest quangova

Q, harping back to the past is why some of us collect as it is tied to memories, but that does not preclude having some of the modern stuff as well. ?It all comes down to horses for courses and the right of individuals to decide for themselves. ?(Does that sound like a politician. ?I hope not as we know what a load of sheep sh****rs they are.) ?The problem comes when funding is stretched and priorities have to be set. ?:)

well i'm in my forties and have collected Brits since i could walk... but for me im fed up with the past, guess its an age thing/time of life etc and of course i respect everybodys own reasons for collecting whatever..!

Guest quangova

I stil like my Britains, and will continue to collect, BUT I may have to set up a shelf or two or ten for some of those UH's and a couple of Siku's for good measure :)

Where did you get the red cow valtra from Q ?

I havent yet.. just sourcing a supplier... but its not in the UK..  "Ich bein ein Berliner".

Like Q, I am an old school Britains collector. My main passion is for all things Blue, and one third of my tractor collection is either Fordson, Ford, County or New Holland.

I got two UH models as Christmas presents and since then I have gone UH crazy - 7 tractors so far, and a pair of Fendt 818s on the way. The UH Claas Quantum is just about the best 1:32 scale farm model I have ever seen. Roll on the Kuhn Mower.

In my dreams UH will bring out the NH TVT and TMA. That would just be the ultimate.

In the meantime, is it too much to ask that nobody brings out new models in 2006 so that I have some money left to spend on adding the Blue artics - Steiger FW, Versatile Designation 6s, 9880, 9882 and various TJs - to my collection?  ;)

The addition of the three ERTL Precision Tractors (and the Precision Combine), together with the Norscot Cat & Claas Challengers to the collection would also be greatly facilitated by a break in the relentless release of new models - especially new UH models.

So many models, so little time!

Like Q, I am an old school Britains collector. My main passion is for all things Blue, and one third of my tractor collection is either Fordson, Ford, County or New Holland.

I got two UH models as Christmas presents and since then I have gone UH crazy - 7 tractors so far, and a pair of Fendt 818s on the way. The UH Claas Quantum is just about the best 1:32 scale farm model I have ever seen. Roll on the Kuhn Mower.

In my dreams UH will bring out the NH TVT and TMA. That would just be the ultimate.

In the meantime, is it too much to ask that nobody brings out new models in 2006 so that I have some money left to spend on adding the Blue artics - Steiger FW, Versatile Designation 6s, 9880, 9882 and various TJs - to my collection?? ;)

The addition of the three ERTL Precision Tractors (and the Precision Combine), together with the Norscot Cat & Claas Challengers to the collection would also be greatly facilitated by a break in the relentless release of new models - especially new UH models.

So many models, so little time!

Not to forget the new 94 series one!