North East Farm And Construction Model Show Aberdeen 29th May 2011

Big A

Thanks for the comments . We had a great time up at Aberdeen and everybody made us so welcome. If you've visted our website and would like to leave a comment,there is an earlier video clip on youtube just search for moss bank model farm and we would appreciate your feedback.  :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the show Mike and I must admit I have spoken to a lot of folk about the show over the past two weeks and they all thought your display was stunning 8)

Just wondering if you have been able to get hold of a slater yet to fix the hole in the roof following the gales a few weeks ago :-\ :-\

I attach some of the photos I took on the day.

ST835636.jpg

ST835637.jpg

ST835638.jpg

ST835639.jpg

Hi there, Just waiting for the government grant to come through before we get a slater in !!.  :-\ :-\

There was alot of great stands & displays, Andy and Brain both had fantastic displays of what they can build .

Busy trying  to build a Claas Jaguar 75 trailed forager harvester to chop the silage  at (MossBank Farm)Hope to have it finished before long .

Just wondering if anybody can help me with a bit of advice on what the right measurements on the stickers should be and what should be on them.

• 2 weeks later...

any pictures of the event?

Well the show report is now out in issue 6 of Model Farmer so I will now post the rest of my photos of the day.

Just before 7 am a couple of traders started to arrive

ST835612.jpg

ST835613.jpg

Brian getting set up assisted by son Stevie with Andy and Laurie at the next set of tables

ST835614.jpg

ST835615.jpg

"Mrs convo and son" helping Peter to set up his stall

ST835616.jpg

ST835617.jpg

Stewart Duncan and helpers starting to set up.

ST835618.jpg

Davie Silver a lorry driver and lorry collector from Peterculter getting set up

ST835619.jpg

The Marriott Hotel main entrance with advertising sandwichborad made by FTF member and exhibitor at the show "Toyboy" aka Dode Stevenson from Keith.

ST835620.jpg

Young William Moir from near Fraserburgh who was a first time exhibitor along with his brother and parents and managing to fill 6 tables puts some last minute touches to his display with his air brush.

ST835621.jpg

Brian Fleming from Banchory with his display of Corgi lorries

ST835622.jpg

Albert Irvine from near Inverurie with his heavy haulage lorries and cranes and numerous flashing lights.

ST835623.jpg

Martin Littlefair was one of the exhibitors who made the trip from over the border and came with two of his 1/16 scale scratch built combines.

ST835624.jpg

ST835625.jpg

Next table was retired farmer and farm contractor George Walker from Kemnay with a selection of mainly SCALEdown models. George decided to come to this instead of attending a car rally with his classic car.

ST835626.jpg

Now Ian Leather with an early morning customer

ST835627.jpg

Moving round Andy Ingram and Brian Gray's tables

ST835628.jpg

Next Kenny Moir from Peterculter with a selection of 1/16 scale tractors and various lorries with Stuart and Pat Walker looking on.

ST835629.jpg

Another two from Peterculter Stuart Walker and son Lewis with heavy haulage and fairground lorries etc

ST835630.jpg

ST835631.jpg

Brian's tables all set out

ST835632.jpg

Next Donald Fraser from Wick with a selection of lorries

ST835633.jpg

ST835634.jpg

And then a chap selling lorries...sorry can't remember his name :-[

ST835635.jpg

More of the Moir's display

ST835642.jpg

ST835643.jpg

Bruce Walker from Aberdeen with his heavy haulage models

ST835644.jpg

Ian May from Aberdeen with his cranes in the livery of the company he works for.

ST835645.jpg

Stewart Duncan's stall all now set up

ST835646.jpg

I tried to get a shot of the spectators coming in when this chap in the pink walked in front of me...anyway the chap in the black is a FTF member ROB 7810 aka Robbie Dewar who had two mates down from Shetland with him.

ST835647.jpg

A shot from the foyer

ST835648.jpg

Next Brian Stewart's tables. Brian did a brilliant job promoting Model Farmer and selling magazines and also gaining quite a few new subscriptions 8)

ST835649.jpg

ST835650.jpg

catkom3 aka Joe Dewar from Kinross had a few of his models and creations on Brian's tables as well including his Terragator.

ST835651.jpg

ST835652.jpg

Toyboys aka Dode Stevenson from Keith with his table including his scratch built Marshall dung spreader.

ST835654.jpg

Now another FTF member Andrew Standford from Fife with his dad.

ST835657.jpg

Angus Plumb from Aberdeen collects Meccano and brought along a selection of farming models.

ST835658.jpg

ST835659.jpg

Another young exhibitor Gary Bruce brought along some of his sheds which he built himself.

ST835660.jpg

ST835661.jpg

Davie Silver's collection of lorries...Davie was one of the first to arrive and last to leave but said he really enjoyed the show and again was a first time exhibitor.

ST835662.jpg

Ally Murray from Aberdeen brought along a collection of lorries which was mainly old Aberdeen hauliers such as Charles Alexander.

ST835663.jpg

ST835664.jpg

ST835665.jpg

ST835666.jpg

And Jim Stanton from Aberdeen brought along some of his cranes

ST835667.jpg

Another young lad and first time exhibitor Brandon Peter brought along his silage and farm display.

ST835668.jpg

Thanks Joe and Brian. I had forgotten the video man who does the local rallies etc was there for most of the day so you never know we may be able to get some still shots from him or even a DVD with footage from the show ;) ;)