North East Farm And Construction Model Show Aberdeen 29th May 2011

Big A

Just home from an excellent 1st Scottish show.

Great selection of traders and displays of both farming and construction models - well done to Andy , Brian and Bill and all others involved - all the hard work paid off with the turnout of buyers and spectators you received.

Great to see and meet as many members from the Forum as well !!

Once again - Many Thanks for an excellently organised event , one for Scotland to be proud of !

Well Graham, Jay and Gregor if I had to sum up todays show I can only saw it was overwhelming and exceeded all my expectations in terms of spectators. There were 740 adults through the doors and over 200 children over the 6 hour show.

All the traders I spoke with said they had done well and all the exhibitors said they enjoyed themselves. All in all an excellent day as I'm sure Andy and Brian will vouch.

Well yes but I'm doing an Model farmer article so I will need to keep most for that I'm afraid.

Anyway here are a few

General views

ST835655.jpg

ST835656.jpg

Oh look toyboy and toygirl and young son Barron ( I hope I have got the spelling correct Dode :-\ )

ST835653.jpg

And finally a chap called Ian drawing a familiar looking Nuffield

ST835670.jpg

;D WELL what a fantastic weekend,over night in a 4 star hotel :of :of , and then a great 1st North East Farm And Construction Model Show,and the place went like a fair,ALL day,congratulation's to all organiser's and participent's,

Regards

Joe.

thanks for the pictures bill,glad all went well

Thanks Paul on the day it ran like clockwork really which was brilliant.

;D WELL what a fantastic weekend,over night in a 4 star hotel :of :of , and then a great 1st North East Farm And Construction Model Show,and the place went like a fair,ALL day,congratulation's to all organiser's and participent's,

Regards

Joe.

Glad you enjoyed Joe and thanks for displaying on Brian's tables.

In addition I have had a phone call from Harold Powlton asking about the show which was very nice.

Then my pal Stuart phoned asking if I was happy with the day...silly question really ...but phoning to say he and his wife and son and even step daughter enjoyed the day since this was the first time for them exhibiting their lorries. Talking of what he wants to take next year too ;) ;)

Thanks must go you you Brian for attending and promoting Model Farmer. Well done for selling all those subscriptions and magazines....I'm sure Andy will be pleased.

yes bill it was an excellent day all round , never thought it would be as busy for a first show , so from strength to strengh for the future

Thanks to everyone for turning up and making the day a huge sucess. I have some pictures, but will put them up during the week. Currently sitting at airport waiting for the wife returning from a wedding at london. Roll on next year.

got home about 8pm after 3 hour drive back to the Borders.

I must say, I had an awesome day, I had a stall next to Andy's, after the first glance across when the room was full at 10:30, the glances continued all afternoon , even at 4pm, like two boys who can see a girls knickers and she doesn't know... ::)

People were genuinely friendly and interested in peoples products.

I need more leaflets, none left.

Well done guys

Sorry Bill. The Nuffield didn't get much attention today.  :)

Looks busy that's for sure, a very encouraging start to this show. Great testament to Andy and Brian and all those who helped organise it and get it off the ground, I hope you are all really pleased.  :) :)

Also looking forward to the write up on this show  :)

got home about 8pm after 3 hour drive back to the Borders.

I must say, I had an awesome day, I had a stall next to Andy's, after the first glance across when the room was full at 10:30, the glances continued all afternoon , even at 4pm, like two boys who can see a girls knickers and she doesn't know... ::)

People were genuinely friendly and interested in peoples products.

I need more leaflets, none left.

Well done guys

Sorry Bill. The Nuffield didn't get much attention today.  :)

knickers, what girl :of ? you never told me ;D  the place was so busy i never got a chance to have a proper look at you're stuff Ian, hopefully i will see it again if you make the return trip next year.

Thats me just got home after the show, i still cant believe the turnout we had. nice to meet a few new faces today. unfortunatly i never got a chance to look round :-[  have to wait to see the photos.

huge thanks to everyone that attended and to everyone that helped out both at the show and in the run up to it, special thanks to Bill, Brian, Steven, Louise and Dode :)

Onwards and upwards for next year ;)

Hey guys,

What a brilliant day!! Well done to you guys, sorry I wasnt much help. I knew it would be a success. It was brilliant to meet the guys again and meet a few new ones. I picked up a few models from brianih and from Andy. Eventually had to stay away from their tables ;D ;D. Looking forward to next years show already. Would love to have something done up for next years show work permitting. So what up next Bill? ;)