North East Farm And Construction Model Show Aberdeen 29th May 2011

Big A

Good Morning

We are organising a model show in Aberdeen on Sunday 29th May 2011 at the Marriott Hotel Dyce.

Open to the public from 10am till 4pm with trade and display stands. The show will incorperate Farm, Construction and Haulage Models.

We are looking for anyone that wishes to trade or display at the show. Further details can be obtained from Bc, Brianih634 or Myself.

This is a new event that we are hoping can become a annual event.

Andy

Good news that Andy. I know there are plenty of people up in Scotland wanting another show in the area, so I am sure it will be every bit a success. Bill and I will ensure we give it a good run in the magazine anyway.

Good news that Andy. I know there are plenty of people up in Scotland wanting another show in the area, so I am sure it will be every bit a success. Bill and I will ensure we give it a good run in the magazine anyway.

Andy,

Big A's ( I had to use Andy user name since writing Andy Andy would have looked odd ;D ;D  ) wife Laurie has been quick off her mark and has already produced an excellent looking flyer in A5 size. Hopefully we can get the finished article to you this week and it would be really appreciated if you could give us a mention in the next Model Farmer magazine since we need to spread the word as much as we can for this new show which Andy has been the instigator.

Bill

Modified from A3 to A5 and well you know me I'm not good with numbers and could not tell an Audi A3 from an A5 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good shout Joe 8)

I have just had Andy on the phone discussing the show and he tells me Laurie has a draft poster almost ready as well. It would be nice if we could email McLaren's with a  flyer and poster and ask if they would display them at the event on Sunday 6th February 2011. I don't suppose it is aslarge as the December 2009 show was but well a bit of advertising down in that neck of the woods would not go a miss.

Random thoughts again on advertising.Joe but if we sent you flyers you could deliver them as junk mail to your customers....but maybe that could be a case for instant dismissal ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well you have to give me 10 out of ten for trying Joe....nothing ventured ...nothing gained as they say ;D ;D

Joking aside I fully appreciate what you are saying.

I really enjoyed that show when I was down back in December 2009 and managed to pick up a couple of real mint in box Britain's 8)

your right there, your going to have to work for your lunch.

Oh are lunches provided as well or is that just to the selected few Steven :-\ :-\ :-\

Seriously I will be there as well as Andy and Laurie and Brian and any other helpers such as Steven since we really need to try and get a show going in Scotland covering both displays and model sellers.

And " I suppose"  I need to be there at the end to verify the takings .....assuming we get Joe Public to support us ;) ;)

Oh are lunches provided as well or is that just to the selected few Steven :-\ :-\ :-\

Seriously I will be there as well as Andy and Laurie and Brian and any other helpers such as Steven since we really need to try and get a show going in Scotland covering both displays and model sellers.

And " I suppose"  I need to be there at the end to verify the takings .....assuming we get Joe Public to support us ;) ;)

i can easy look after the takings Bill, laurie's hinting at a holiday :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Guys,

All I can say is ,this is brilliant!! I will definately be there and if any help is needed or anything I'm available, dont want to wish the year away, but what can I say, cant wait!!! I'm sure it will be a success. What about putting up a flyer in BA Stores if we can and also there is a few shops in turriff that sell models Im sure I could put a few up. Just a question, why dyce? (in the city?)

Well thank you for your support Ronan since so far there is only Andy and his very supportive wife Laurie, Brian and myself and a friend of Andy called Steven who is also a member on heer (stevenm)...but don't quote me since I need to check :-[:-[

On B A Stores I have already spoken to Alan Brownie on the phone and he said he would display a poster in the shop and place flyers on the counter. Alan is a real nice guy and we hope he will attend our show as well since we ensured the model show did not clash with the B A Stores working weekend which is always usually mid May.

Well any advertising in Turriff would be nice Ronan...just email me your email address and I can send the flyer file and well the poster one as well when it becomes available.

In answer to why Dyce in the City...well Laurie has been able to negotiate a deal with the Marriot Hotel for the Pitmedden Suite which is around 70 feet x 50 feet and we can also get tables in the entrance area.

In addition there is ample free car car-parking and Dyce is easily accessible from both North and South...well it is the Oil capital of Europe ;) ;) ;) ;)

;D I've just marked up my calendar for my day's off for the year,was hopeing the 28th and 29th would have been one of them,but it's not,but seeing as it's a Sunday i should get up to Dyce,been a while since I ventured up the East Coast,

Regards

Joe.

That would be good Joe. I must phone your pal Norman from Elgin this weekend to see if he will display that draglink of his. Would you be interested in exhibiting or would you purely be a spectator ???

You should make Dyce in 2 to 2 and a bit hours from Kinross I would say Joe.